Question developing request

Question developing request

by Stefan Eberhard -
Number of replies: 18
We kindly ask for a developer for a new question type (1.9):

Answering students will find a table with 9 rows and 3 columns (a variable number of rows would be better) In some of the fields (normally 3 to 6), students have to note their answer.

Question: Lorem ipsum dolor 11900,00 sit amet, consectetuer 2 % adipiscing elit. Maecenas libero tellus, rhoncus id, mattis id, interdum sit amet, erat. Phasellus
frage

Student will have to give answers (numerical) into the fields b1 - b8 and c1 to c8

antwort

The students will receive a score only, if the answers in ALL answer fields are correct. (all or nothing) In this case b3, b6, b7, and c5. (The other answer fields have to remain empty)

As the negative score problem in Cloze tests is not solved up to now (it seems to be a great problem) we want to use this type of question.

We kindly ask for an estimation of the costs.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan Eberhard

Re: Question developing request

by Pierre Pichet -
For a specific problem like this one, this resumes to the grade is either maximum grade or 0.
You don't have to work with negative grade if you set correctly the grade of each subanswers. So Cloze type could do the job with a little reworking of the grade part.
As you are using also regular Cloze question for other quizzes, you need a new specialcloze type.
I have set a first version that will give you the maximum score if you put the right value in the right cases and 0 in the other
see at http://132.208.141.198/moodle_19/
user: moodle pw:moodle

Pierre
P.S. When finished, if you are satisfied, give a satistactory amount to moodle.org smile
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Pierre Pichet -
Ok I have a solution, you put you numerical values in numerical questions and your empty questions as a shortanswer containing "" (i.e.we need at least something as an answer). If the student left the empty questions empty, they will appears as null and will get a 100% value.
If every questions (filled and empty) are OK you get the full grade which is the sum of the individual grade of questions (filled and empty) default 1 (cannot be less) each or the value you set in writing the question.

If this is Ok for you, I will polish the code and put it here in the forum.

Pierre

by Stefan Eberhard -
Wow! surprise
What an ingredible breakthrough!
This will help a lot!!!!!
Could the answer fields have the same length? The different length is a good hint for the students!

by Stefan Eberhard -
Works perfect!

A plus: an asterix * kann be used in :NUMERICAL: for special cases!

minor, but nasty problem: if the student corrects a wrong input in one of the ""-Shortwanswer-fields he has to answer with an "" instead of deleting his input.

The questiontype has a great potential for questions in accounting and controlling!

Suggestion for the icon: icon

by Pierre Pichet -
Thanks for the colored icon and I presume that you already put it in the newmultianswer directory .
"if the student corrects a wrong input in one of the ""-Shortwanswer-fields he has to answer with an "" instead of deleting his input".
If the student delete everything, the question works correctly. If he put a space then effectively, it will not work unless you allow it.
For example {1:SHORTANSWER:=""~= }
See the cat barks in your categories SE question you created in my site.
However you should specify to put nothing in the other field.
One question: should we put the green check for good empty responses?

Pierre

by Stefan Eberhard -
"should we put the green check for good empty responses?"
I think no, as it gives wrong focuses and may be irritating

Stefan

by Stefan Eberhard -
Pierre,
will your cloze "summer project" interact in any way with this new type or will they stay parallel?

Stefan

by Stefan Eberhard -
Table with categories

With the Asterix (*) you can create a new type of table question

see question "categories SE" in
http://132.208.141.198/moodle_19/

by Pierre Pichet -
Take care that * has a special mean i.e. it allows everything as a good response.
In fact you can put anything even a space and you will obtain a 100% grade...
see question "categories SE
You should use a shortanswer in the normal way i.e
{1:SHORTANSWER:=X} and ask to put an X
see question "categories SE X"wink in
http://132.208.141.198/moodle_19/
The only special case is that a short answer with "" as one of its good response will be given a 100% score if left empty.
There are so many Cloze questions already created using Cloze coding rules that I cannot put this in the regular Cloze code.

Pierre
the question text is:

A subject may be assigned to several categories. Mark with an X to ...

barks amphibian
has got a tail
dog
{1:SHORTANSWER:=X}
{1:SHORTANSWER:=""} {1:SHORTANSWER:=X}
cat
{1:SHORTANSWER:=""~= } {1:SHORTANSWER:=""} {1:SHORTANSWER:=X}
frog
{1:SHORTANSWER:=""} {1:SHORTANSWER:=X} {1:SHORTANSWER:=""}

by Pierre Pichet -
Actually given that by default SHORTANSWER is not case sensitive, X or x will be considered as a good response.

Pierre
P.S. I just realize this "case not sensitive" default in the Cloze SHORTANSWER question when testing this question.shy

by Stefan Eberhard -
Pierre,

NEWMULTIANSWER works fine up to now. No known issues.

Stefan

by Pierre Pichet -
Good newssmile

Pierre

by Stefan Eberhard -
Good news: you can backup the course with the new questions and restore it in a different moodle site and NEWMULTIANSWER questions will work fine there. But first install the new questiontype in the other Moodle site .

(As export of questions is not yet supported, i tested the backup-restore-way)

by Pierre Pichet -
So my next task is to add import-export.
Pierre

by Stefan Eberhard -
Pierre,

we are working with NEWMULTIANSWER since 4 weeks and I think you should but it in the forum. No issues up to now!

Stefan

by Bill Mounce -
I searched the modules for NEWMULTIANSWER and cannot find anything. Where might I find it?