Site Wide Certificate Report

Site Wide Certificate Report

by Todd Thornton -
Number of replies: 17

Sorry to ask such a simple question, but I can't get the site wide certificate to show any certificates. (Just has a blank page not found when you click on it) The certificate is working great, but the only setting I see in certificate that might apply is "Save" certificate. I've never used this module before so I don't know if the installation went bad and I'm missing an option to send it to the certificate block or if "Save" is in fact the way to send the certificate to the block.

Todd

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd Thornton

Re: Site Wide Certificate Report

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Two things.
1. Make sure you have the latest report code (it was updated within the last week or so). I added an index page.

2. When adding a certificate to a course, choose the Report certificate option to send that certificate's info to the report.

Oh crap, that makes me realize I did not update the link in the block to go to the new index page (instead of view.php it should be index.php). I'll get that fixed.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Todd Thornton -

I believe I have used the latest code, but I still don't see an option to report the certificate. The site wide certificate is installed and I don't get any error messages. I get the index page and I get the ability to download certificates as an admin, but there's nothing that's been reported. I'm not sure what I'm missing or if there's an issue with Moodle 1.9.1 and the code or my particular setup that's causing some type of problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd

by Chardelle Busch -
Hi Todd,

The option to send a certificate's info to the report is controlled by the certificate itself not the certificate report. When adding a certificate to a course, set the Report Certificate option to yes.

If you already have certificates set up, you will need to go back and edit each one that you want to see in the report and select the option.

by Todd Thornton -

Chardelle,

I know I seem crazy at this point, but I don't have a "report certificate" option anywhere in my certificate options. Not as a separate option nor as a type of certificate or in any other drop-down menu from the other setup choices. I was assuming you wouldn't necessarily get this option (wherever it's supposed to be) unless you had the site wide module installed which I why I pointed out it seemed to install just fine. Since I appear to be the only one having this issue, it would seem to be peculiar to my setup. If someone could take a screen-shot and show me where in the certificate settings it should be, maybe I can troubleshoot some more. 

Thanks,

Todd

by Chardelle Busch -
Well, I just had a D'oh! moment while reading your post. It dawned on me that: 1) I'm sure you are most likely NOT crazy and
2) Oops

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. I had decided to reorganize the latest report code with a more appropriately named main file 'index' instead of 'view'. However, I totally forgot that the code I wrote for the certificate options looks for the view file.

Things are fixed now, please replace your certificate mod_form.php file with this one and the Report option will be there--I promiseclown

by Todd Thornton -

Thanks for the update and your work on this. We're still testing, but I believe everything is now working correctly in Moodle 1.9.1.

Todd

by J B -

I have read through this and copied the new mod_form.php into my "certificate" folder. the "report" option still is not there. Any ideas what to do next/

by J B -
I have copied your new file and still can not see the "report" option. Do you have any suggestions?
In reply to J B

by jack liou -
in mod_form.php line 42.
$reportfile = "$CFG->dirroot/certificates/view.php";
change to
$reportfile = "$CFG->dirroot/certificates/index.php";

In reply to jack liou

by Chardelle Busch -
Yikes! I thought I had changed that--thanks for the report Jackie.

by Marty Jacobs -
Where can I get this report? I can't seem to find the download anywhere on the site and the link from Moodle Docs to the Modules and Plugins DB entry (http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1160) doesn't seem to be working mixed.

Thanks in advance,

Marty
In reply to Marty Jacobs

by josh squires -
I would love to also have a copy of this install. If anyone has it I would love to try it out.

thanks for the help

by PROFessor VAZZ - Brazil -
Hello Chardelle,

I'm sorry. I didn't undertand how to install Site Wide.
Could you help me ?

Tks.
PROFessor VAZZ
Brazil
In reply to PROFessor VAZZ - Brazil

by Chad Wintzer -
I could not find the my_certifications folder that the documentation mentioned to install the Certificate Site-wide Report. I've looked around but have not found anything. I am very excited to try it so if anyone can tell me where to get it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chad
In reply to Chad Wintzer

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

The Site-wide module isn't hosted on the Moodle site. You can get it from Chardelle's ProMoodle website.

Chardelle maintains (or used to...) the Site-wide module - last update was on 13 May 2008. But I read somewhere that she has resigned from the project and no longer maintains these modules, so you need to assess the risk. Example, what are the implications if you come to depend on this module but it doesn't work in future versions of Moodle...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Joe Deegan -

Looks like the link for the site wide certificate report at the ProMoodle website is not working.  I am getting an "Account Suspended" message when I click on the link.  Would love to have a copy of this.

by John Samuel -

Hello Chardelle,

I really need your help and only YOU ! lol

in our school course are like .. a category C with two files inside A and B.

right now i have your amazing certificate module in both A and B, but what we really need is a certificate for the category it self.

the student has to finish A and B inorder to be considered completed the Course C.

Anyway to do this ?

Thank You!