Grades have disappeared

Grades have disappeared

by Colin Price -
Number of replies: 3
I have a quiz and when going to see the results I am told that 145 students have made 145 attempts. Previously I have seen these attempts listed. However, now when I check the results/overview and elsewhere, including the gradebook, only two of these attempts are listed.

I know that the results still exist somewhere because I can manually change the number at the end of the url when viewing one of the existing attempts (e.g. .../quiz/review.php?q=14&attempt=179) and can find one by one the missing attempts. I have tried repairing the tables in the database and regrading the quiz to force the issue but neither has worked. Has anyone any other ideas?

Cheers.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Price

Re: Grades have disappeared

by Pierre Pichet -
"Previously I have seen these attempts listed"
Have you done significant change since (i.e. update to a newversion)?

Pierre
P.S. can you specify which version you are using.

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Colin Price -
I am using 1.8.2 and nothing has been changed, no updates and no modules added.

I have recently run into the problem of backups failing but this is a known issue and was resolved in the recommended way by removing the temp/backup folder which contained a number of empty folders left over from previous backups. This means I had no backups for about two months.

Intriguingly, I went back to the last successful backup and restored that into a local setup and it did list all the attempts as expected - the quiz was taken by the students some four months ago. I am still inclined to the belief that these are unrelated issues but it does mean that the grades disappeared either at the time the backups began to fail or after that time.
In reply to Colin Price

by Antonio Fini -
I'm experimenting the same identical problem with 1.8.3+.
Any news?