Proposal... Key swapping clearly doesn't work, so....

Proposal... Key swapping clearly doesn't work, so....

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
After some experience with Networking, both Moodle to Moodle and Moodle to Mahara it is apparent that the key swapping feature doesn't work. The Mahara guys have acknowledged this...

https://eduforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2227&group_id=176&atid=739

What I'd like to do is to have an option to increase the key lifespan from 28 days. This could either be a "hidden" option for config.php or an actual proper option on the Networking page.

I'm happy to sort this (it's a straightforward parameter in the mnet_generate_keypair() funtion in mnet/lib.php), but it needs to go into 1.9 and HEAD.

Thoughts?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Proposal... Key swapping clearly doesn't work, so....

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Having a look at the Mahara thread, it seems this is the only viable short term fix until someone figures out how to handle the key swapping feature in a resilient way, isn't it?

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Howard Miller -
Absolutely correct, yes.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Michael | -
Having same issue, can you let me know where you make the change to have the certificates not expire or expire more than 28 days later?

Thanks
M=
In reply to Michael |

by e-Learning Informàtica UPF -
Hi
The function
function mnet_generate_keypair($dn = null, $days=28)
in /mnet/lib.php
has that default value.

Just change it or modify the funtion call here
/mnet/environment.php
with the desired value

Hope it helps!
Cheers

___
ramon loureiro