Students not being unenrolled after enrollment period

Students not being unenrolled after enrollment period

by Chris Wioskowski -
Number of replies: 8
I'm having an issue with students not being unenrolled from a course after their enrollment period has ended. They are also not being emailed that their enrollment period is almost up. I have enable all of the options to send the notifications, and I have it set to email the person when they only have 5 days left.

I can go into the course and then go to the Participants page to see that the student's enrollment period has ended. However, when the student logs in, they still have access to all of the course content.

I do not have the course setup as a meta course.

Does anyone know what may be causing this issue and how to correct it? I'm running Moodle 1.9, and the course in question is a SCORM course.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Wioskowski

Re: Students not being unenrolled after enrollment period

by Chris Wioskowski -
Ok, I solved this one on my own. Turns out the cron.php script was not being run. After I ran it manually everything worked.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Wioskowski

by juan pablo ramirez -
Hi, my problem is almost the same. I am using moodle 1.9+. I want to use enrolment duration in order to un-enrol all the users 1 day after their first login since it is a "one day seminar". The problem is that after 1 days nothing happens: the users can still login to moodle and access the course.
I am signing the users throug a txt file upload. The course has an enrolment key.

I have tried using a specific enrolment period but nothing happens.

What have I done WRONG??????
Please HEEEELLLP!
In reply to juan pablo ramirez

by P H -

I know it is an old post but I have a similar problem. Students self-enrol (through email) for a 10-day period and when the 10 days are over, they are not unenrolled and still have access to the course. Moodle 2.0.2 

P. H. 

In reply to P H

by P H -

And CRON is running properly. 

In reply to P H

by Doug Moody -

PH,

When CRON runs, what does the log say about enrollments? It ought to mention something about unenrolled students.

In reply to Doug Moody

by P H -

Hello,

I know CRON runs properly because the site messages are sent out regularly.  

In the course logs, there are course enrol instances but no course unenrol instances. 

Here is an example of a user on the list of enrolled users for the course: 

Self enrolment into DD Free Access as Plus Member from Thursday, 1 December 2011, 04:42 PM until Sunday, 11 December 2011, 04:42 PM 

However, this user can still access the course on 16 December. . 

Thanks

P. H. 

In reply to Doug Moody

by P H -

So no idea as to what is wrong? 

In reply to P H

by P H -

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me solve this problem.