I have seen your server configuration and I think that the problem resides on apache or php configuration.
In test.php I see:
We will send alpha character to database... You should see it in both cases!
Original (2 bytes), hex: ceb1, char: Î±
After passing through the database (2 bytes) hex: ceb1, char: Î±
"char Î±" << here is the problem. You should see "α" character.
Plugin WIRIS uses UTF-8 encoding for display special mathematical characters, but your server cannot display it (is wrong configured).
The solution is modify apache configuration:
- Open httpd.conf, apache2.conf, apache.conf... of your server.
- Search line "AddDefaultCharset [...]", where "[...]" can be anything.
- Write "#" before this line, as this: "#AddDefaultCharset [...]".
- Save the file and restart your apache server.
- Open php.ini... of your server.
- Search line "default_charset = [...]", where "[...]" can be anything.
- Write "#" before this line, as this: "#default_charset = [...]".
- Save the file and restart yout apache server.
For any problem, please, report it.
Thanks for use Plugin WIRIS.
Juan Lao Tebar.