- Put them in pairs.
- Each pair with a computer.
- Have then find and navigate to a forum.
- Find a post there.
- Reply to the post. On a choice of topics. [I use "favourite local ethnic eating place" and "advice to a tourist visiting Christchurch" ie interesting or potentially interesting chats, but not contentious (sort of) and everybody can get an opinion.
- Make a post. (Use bold etc, colours)
- Why is this good? How can it benefit learning? How can it save time?
If they have nothing to say, just pack up and go to the beach.
I'm assuming people who are reluctant don't post in forums and may never have seen one.
I have some standard patter I use that I will post if you are interested.