Flag question during quiz attempt

Flag question during quiz attempt

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -
Number of replies: 8
How can i flag a question(s) (as unanswered) during a quiz attempt so that i can jump straight to that question(s) for later review before ending and submitting exam?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tieku Bortei-Doku

Re: Flag question during quiz attempt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sounds like you want the changes we have done at the OU, and which we will be contributing to Moodle 2.0. Here is a very simple example: http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/mod/quiz/view.php?id=259193
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim,
This implementation looks quite good. Slightly off topic, I have tried one question on that demo page, clicked the Check button, and I get the following (see screen shot) telling me to "try again", but everyghing is grayed out so I cannot "try again"...
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hmm, looks like the person who created this quiz did something wrong.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

Tim,

are you saying the ability to flag questions is currently not available but will be with Moodle 2.0?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

Tim,

I tried the OU quiz. The OU quiz lets you “check” a question before submission, which is like reviewing before submitting the quiz.

What I am asking for is different. I am looking for a way to flag or bookmark a question as you proceed through a quiz so you know which questions to go back to to review either because you found yourself spending too much time on the question or you want to know which questions to go back to for extra attention. This is very useful when there are a lot of questions in a quiz and you may not have time to go over every single one before submitting.

Tieku

In reply to Tieku Bortei-Doku

by Tim Hunt -
That's true. What you are asking for is something slightly different. However, what we have achieves the same aim some of the time.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

Tim,

are there plans to allow the ability to flag/bookmark questions during a quiz attempt?