After migration from MySQL to MSSQL HTML-Editor doesn´t work anymore

After migration from MySQL to MSSQL HTML-Editor doesn´t work anymore

by Florian Rhomberg -
Number of replies: 4
Hi!
Because of a new System policy we had to transfer the MySQL database to an DB Server which uses MSSQL. Therefor we used a small tool to convert the MySQL database to MSSQL. This worked fine. But after the migration and the change of the configuration to the new server the HTML-Editor soesn´t work anymore in all cases. In IE I get an error message that the HTMLArea is no defined. This problem appears only after changing the settings to MSSQL. After I change the settings back to MySQL the Editor appears.
Can someone perhaps help me? For me it doesn´t make sense why the HTML Editor doen´s work with MSSQL.

Thank you,
Florian
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Florian Rhomberg

Re: After migration from MySQL to MSSQL HTML-Editor doesn´t work anymore

by Florian Rhomberg -
Has noone an idea how I can solve this problem. Does the html Editor work proberly with MSSQL in some of your installations?

Much thanks,
Florian

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Florian,
the problem you describe sounds similar to that mentioned the following thread:
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Florian Rhomberg -

Thank you for your answer. But my problem is slightly different. I have a complete different environment. Moodle is running on a complete Linux-Apache-PHP5 environment. Only the DB server is running on windows 2003 and MSSQL. On the webserver there are running multiple websites and the avarage load is quite high. Therefor I want to balance the load and use our MSSQL DB Sever. The thread you mentioned covers the topic in a complete windows environment. But once again I don´t understand in which case the editor is dependend on the db Sever. That doesn´t make sense to me. I have alos developed web application which uses such an editor but that was always independent of the db which was used. Do you have another idea?

Greetings,

Florian

by g rodriguez -
Hi, I had exactly the same problem.
It turns out that i was using Chrome to browse the pages by coincidence after migrating, before I just used Firefox, where the editor displays normally.

Try browsing it with Firefox or IE, the problem its solved. it doesn't has to do anything with MSSQL, in fact before migration a Chrome user had reported to me that he wasn't able to see the editor, i just forgot it because I didn't use Chrome at that time.