how do i return the file submitted corrected?

how do i return the file submitted corrected?

by aggelos panagiotakis -
Number of replies: 9
how do I return the file submitted as soon as it is corrected when grading ? there is no upload a file option!
is it possible to add one?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to aggelos panagiotakis

Re: how do i return the file submitted corrected?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Are you using 'upload a single file'? In which case I am not sure- but a way round this would be to set your students the 'online text' assignment - and you select 'comment inline' then you can make your corrections on the students' work, save it and they can then see what you have put for them.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -
It can be done in "Upload a single file," but my teachers hate all the clicks. Here's how.

1. Go to Grades
  2. Click on the assignment.
  3. In the Status column, click on Grade or Update for a particular student
  4. Put some text in the comment box.
  5. Select the text
  6. Click the hyperlink button
  7. Click the Browse button
  8. Click the Browse button in the 2nd popup window
  9. Find your file
  10. Click upload
  11. Click on your file (the 2nd popup window closes)
  12. Click OK in the insert link dialogue box (it closes)
  13. Save changes
Take a deep breath. Have at the next student.

Obviously, Advanced Uploading is the way to go. I just finished changing most of the assignments in all our courses to Advanced Uploading.
In reply to aggelos panagiotakis

by Teresa Gibbison -
In addition to Mary's suggestion if you use the Advanced Uploading Assignment type you can provide a response file when grading, see attached screenshot. Alternatively you could upload the edited submissions to a folder in your course and link to them within the comments area.
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Kumiko Borman -
It appears that you must put SOMETHING into the comment box in order for the teacher's uploaded feedback file to show up for the students. We tested this in response to a student who couldn't see the file, but as soon as we entered texts in the comment box, she was able to see it. Sounds strange, though.

Anybody experienced this?
In reply to Kumiko Borman

by Landon Finch -
Using Quick Grade, I had to make a comment and then save the comment. Then I had to click "update" to see the above screen shot.
In reply to Kumiko Borman

by Adma Lim -
it the same for my side.

If there 100 students to return the graded assignment, that would means that the teacher(s) need(s) to comment it 100 times...? I do have teachers who just prefer to upload the graded file and hide comments from the other students because of they said it to respect the privacy of the student who assignment has been graded.

anyone have a solution for this, to be able to upload the assignment without making the comment mandatory?
In reply to Adma Lim

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to make it clear -the students only see their own comments; they do not see the comments for all the other students as they do not see the gradebook in the same way that the teacher does.

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Shin Okada -
I am using 1.9.+
I am not able to find how to upload my file with comments to "Advanced uploading of files"

And also I am not able to see anything like above screen shot.

Where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Shin Okada

by ben reynolds -
Hi Shin,

1. Go to Grades.
  2. Click on the name of the Assignment.
  3. In the status column for a student, click on "grade" or "update."
  4. Upload the file (if you want to use a file). You can delete a file by clicking on the X after its name (if deleting is turned on).
  5. Put a comment in the feedback box. You MUST put a comment in, or the student won't be able to see your file. (I tried commenting before uploading, and my comment was wiped out by the upload. So, I upload, then comment.)
  6. If you want to mark a grade, see the upper right corner above feedback box.
  7. Save changes.

How Student Sees File, Comment, Grade
  1. Student goes to Grades.
  2. Scrolls down to the Assignment.
  3. Clicks on name of Assignment.
  4. Feedback and file are visible.
  5. Comments can be made in the Notes section by clicking Edit button.