HELP!!!Tried to add course category - lost all courses

HELP!!!Tried to add course category - lost all courses

by Laurie Stevens -
Number of replies: 0

All,

I'm not sure how but I've somehow (seemingly) erased all the courses I'd posted (and I have yet to learn to backup my site - so, I'm a bit panicked - to say the least). I tried to add a new category of classes and got a red message saying the category couldn't be added. I realized I had to add some new members, went and did that and came back to the main area where my classes had been listed down the center and they were gone!!! Now, in the area where my courses were listed is a repeat of the right hand, introductory text block.

It seems the issue is that the only course category that existed (was MELODY) was somehow deleted when I went from the "add category" screen in courses, to the "add users" area. Because now I get this message when I go to courses:

Serious error: could not create default category.

Also, no one with administrator rights can re-establish any course category. So, no course category, no courses. It's 3:16 a.m. here...so, any immediate help would sooooo be appreciated - especially since the site is live.

Oddly, a friend just went in and, did a search under the instructors name: Rick Carnes (at www.songwritersguild.com - click on chat or on forums). He found the missing courses under the instructors name and was able to subscribe to them. So, maybe they're not gone...but I can't see them as admin. And I still get the serious error message when I go to courses.

I know I am still in the process of learning Moodle but, this is mindboggling .

Can anyone help me? I have no idea how this happened. Is there any chance this is a glitch? Or will I truly have to repost each course?

Laurie Stevens

Average of ratings: -