Grades entered in 1.9 gradebook do not show in student activity report

Grades entered in 1.9 gradebook do not show in student activity report

by Rob Johnson -
Number of replies: 7
If I enter grades using the gradebook in 1.9, the grades do not show on the student outline activity report. The attached screenshot is a test account where I entered grades for each item shown. Grades do show if I enter them on the grade screen for an individual assignment.

I would like to know if other users have seen this. I had upgraded from 1.8 and had the gradebook v2 installed.
Attachment grades.gif
In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Grades entered in 1.9 gradebook do not show in student activity report

by Rob Johnson -
I am sorry to reply to my own post, but does anyone else see this? Another issue that may be related is that grades entered in gradebook cannot be changed on the assignment grading page. The grade shows as text, and the pull down menu is not there. Grades for students that were not entered into the gradebook can still be entered as usual.

I would like to create an issue in the tracker for this, but only if I know that it affects other 1.9 installations.

Thanks,
Rob
In reply to Rob Johnson

by Anna Krassa -
Hi Rob,

regarding this: "grades entered in gradebook cannot be changed on the assignment grading page"

The grades which are entered through the gradebook may be locked. Just go to the gradebook and unlock them. Then you'll be able to regrade from both sides (gradebook and assignment).

smile
anna
In reply to Anna Krassa

by Rob Johnson -
Anna - Thank you for the reply. The lock icon shows "unlocked" (screenshot below). If I lock the grade, it is exactly the same on the assignment grading page as when unlocked. Do you experience this?

Attachment locks.gif
In reply to Rob Johnson

by Anna Krassa -
Yes, yes you are right Rob!

My mistake sorry, click on edit icon (next to lock icon) from the new page uncheck the overriden (and save changes).

smile
anna
In reply to Anna Krassa

by Rob Johnson -
Thanks Anna. That does work. Is the gradebook supposed to work like this? I would think that I should be able to input and change grades from either screen. I would like to report this as a bug, but maybe there is a good reason for it. Any ideas.

The fact grades from the gradebook do not show on the student activity reports, but grades from the assignment grading page do, is causing me to think that some students did not turn in certain assignments when they actually did. I have been avoiding entering grades with the gradebook because of it. I have also reproduced this with a fresh installation of 1.9.

Thanks again,
Rob
In reply to Rob Johnson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Rob,

I think that the issue of grades edited directly in the gradebook not being displayed in student activity reports is a bug. If you have chance, please report it in the tracker and post the issue number in this discussion so that others can watch / vote for / comment on it.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Rob Johnson -
I have posted this in the tracker. Please vote to have MDL-15050 resolved. Thanks Helen. smile