Mentor access

Mentor access

by Jeff Burge -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I'm using Moodle in a business environment and Face to Face particularly to manage classroom based training activity. Line managers are granted access to their staffs training activity through the Mentor/Mentee block but I can't find a way to allow them to view the F2F's their staff have signed up to or attended. Is there any way I can make this visible for them? Are there plans to be able to export F2F activity to an external report?

Thanks,

Jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Burge

Re: Mentor access

by François Marier -
Hi Jeff,

Have a look at the new Face-to-face block:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=96657

It currently doesn't do what you are asking for specifically, but I does show some external reporting facilities.

How exactly are the managers granted access to their staff? Do they get assign certain capabilities on the context of the users that report to them?

Francois
In reply to François Marier

Re: Mentor access

by Jeff Burge -

Thanks Francois, I'll take a look at this and see if it is a viable workaround for me.

Managers are granted access through the Mentor block and students, through the site administrator, assign them the 'Parent' role.

Managers can then see their staff listed in the mentor block and thus review their learning activity through their profile and the activity reports that are available there.

I've attached a screen grab and topics 4 - 6 are where we have added F2F activities to a course and this is where I would like to view sign-ups and attendance.

From my perspective this is a great module, I have added most of our classroom based course catalogue, all I need to do is ensure managers can review the activity of their staff and produce reports to some very exacting standards.

Regards,

Jeff