K-12 forum name is confusing in UK

Re: K-12 forum name is confusing in UK

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 0
I was largely thinking that schools all face similar issues and that at the moment, if I want to know what the latest great new thing for schools is, I have to trawl the whole site. Its not clear what I should pay attention to and what I should ignore e.g. the feedback module has its own forum, but if I post there that I have just used a feedback to ask students what they think of the school canteen, and have made the head cook into a teacher of their own course so they can get students involved, it may well be missed by a lot of school teachers. I'm particularly thinking of the teachers who don't come here very often and just want updates.

If nothing else, I think the forum is needed to be a place where people can post 'did you see x discussion over in the y forum?' and then talk about it in terms of impact on schools.

It could also give a reflection of what issues matter most in schools as opposed to universities and online providers. SIMS integration for us in the UK is a big thing for example, as well as the ability to have site-wide groups.
Perhaps a category on the docs would help too as there is probably quite a bit of distilled wisdom to be had e.g. good initial settings like disabling the messaging system for 11-16 year olds or adding the messaging restrictions hack. It would be good to have all these in one place.