Setting up a site support user - details not available to users

Setting up a site support user - details not available to users

by Mark Berthelemy -
Number of replies: 3
Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a user that will be the person named in all "Welcome to the course" emails and on enrolment key pages.

I've followed the intructions in the Bug Tracker at http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-10585 and got the user set up to be the person on the course enrolment key page. (Pity this role seems to have to be assigned on a course-by-course basis?)

When my test student clicks on the support user name (before enrolling in the course), they get "The details of this user are not available to you."

What capabilities do I have to give my Support role so that users can get in touch with them? I'd like it to be similar to the way learners can click on the teacher's name before they enrol in a course.

Thanks,

Mark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Berthelemy

Re: Setting up a site support user - details not available to users

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mark,

To enable potential students to view your support person's profile page you need to allow the capability moodle/user:viewdetails for the authenticated user role in Administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ashish Srivastava -

Hi Helen,

Still stucked in same issue, M not able to give access rights to View User Full Profile.

Hope u can help me out.

Thanks

In reply to Ashish Srivastava

by ben reynolds -

I'm sorry not to know anything about the enrollment key page, but I'm betting your support person needs to have a role on the Moodle front page, which makes the person visible to all users. Otherwise, the usual rule is that a person can't be seen until a user is enrolled in a course.