Why does my quiz grade visibility keep on changing?

Why does my quiz grade visibility keep on changing?

by Cory Gordon -
Number of replies: 4

Hi People!

Moodle V. 1.9 being used here!

Can someone please tell my why my quiz grade visibility keeps on changing?

In admin mode I set it so that certain quiz results are shown, but when I test as a student, the actual visible grades are different. Sometimes they're all their, sometimes they're not...and I have no idea why?!

Any ideas?

/Cory

In reply to Cory Gordon

Re: Why does my quiz grade visibility keep on changing?

by Judi Heher -
Hi Cory,

I believe we're experiencing the same problem... I've upgraded from Moodle 1.8 and one of the "interesting" things I've noticed is apparently randomly selected grade book items become hidden all on their own. I set these grade book items to be shown <again!> and at some apparently random time some apparently random grade book items become hidden.

I've created a new, different, course using Moodle 1.9 exclusively and I don't see the same behavior in that grade book.

I've never lost a grade but it's terrifically irritating to have to continually "fix" something.

Any insights?

Judi
In reply to Judi Heher

by Gary Anderson -
Please make a posting of this in the tracker. I saw the same problem in my courses during final exams.

I think what is happening is that it is trying to do us a favor by "hiding" grades until the quiz is finished. So, my theory is that when a student submits a quiz (or opens it, etc.), it is hiding the quiz for the whole course, and that is why we are seeing the visibility set to false. If that is what is happening, the thinking must be that the teacher would make the quiz visible when all students have completed it.

But, of course, that is something we don't need to have done for us.

--Gary
In reply to Gary Anderson

by Judi Heher -
This makes sense but, here's an interesting twist...

I see this problem in two courses that were upgraded to 1.9. I do not see this problem in the course that was developed 100% in 1.9...

Don't know if this is a red herring but thought it was worth mentioning.

Judi
In reply to Judi Heher

by josephine wilson -
Well- I just came on to ask why my quizzes since upgrading to 1.9 are always 'greyed out' - but I don't think I'll bother asking now, after all smile