Teacher feedback date is 1969, edits to feedback are not visible to participant

Teacher feedback date is 1969, edits to feedback are not visible to participant

by Mosa W -
Number of replies: 2
Hey all,

The problems with the Assigment module we are having are:

- Teacher feedback (which seems to work fine on the grading page) is showing up for participants as being dated "Wednesday, 31 December 1969, 04:00 PM". Participants see this when they visit their Assigment page and scroll down to view teacher's feedback.

- I am sure this must be related, but participants can ONLY see the first teacher's feedback. If other teachers give feedback later on, it is not visible to the participant, although it is saved and visible to teachers on the grading page. If that same teacher who gave the first feedback edits their feedback, it saves fine and is visible in the grading screen to them and other teachers, but the participant cannot see the additions/edits.

More details:
---
I am using a non-upgraded install of 1.9, and have already tried re-downloading and installing the Assigment module.

Grades are disabled. As a test I enabled grades for that assigment, and gave a submission a grade. As soon as a grade is given to a submission, participants are able to see the date correctly, and they can see all feedback/edits to feedback!

This is critical to us, because we are trying to replace the Journal module with Assigment as a way for Teachers and Participants to engage on questions on a continuous basis. Participants need to be able to revisit their assigments and edit their submissions, and all facilitators need to be able to provide feedback together, as well as make changes to that feedback. Teachers must not deal with grading, and participants must not see anything to do with grades.

How can I make this bug disappear? We don't want to use grades, and the implication is that we don't have to. Has anyone discovered a way to make this problem disappear?

Thanks a million!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mosa W

Re: Teacher feedback date is 1969, edits to feedback are not visible to participant

by Mosa W -
I also forgot to say that I found this:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1472)

It seems to speak to a similar problem, but is dated 2003, so I am not sure how applicable it is. Might help?
In reply to Mosa W

Re: Teacher feedback date is 1969, edits to feedback are not visible to participant

by Mosa W -
anyone?