Edit Own Profile not appearing even for admin after upgrade to 1.9

Edit Own Profile not appearing even for admin after upgrade to 1.9

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 4

I just went thru an upgrade from 1.6.4 to 1.7.4 to 1.8.5 to 1.9 and I noticed that Edit Profile option is not showing up (even for admin accounts).

Settings are as follows:

Role for visitors = Guest
Role for guest = Guest
Default role for all users = Authenticated user
Default role for users in a course= Student

Guests are not allowed to login, only those that are enrolled in a course, so therefore all logged in users should also be students.

When I check the Authenticated User role it has Edit Own User Profile set to Allow.

When I check the Student role it has Edit Own User Profile set to Not Set. But I even tried changing this to Allow, logging out, logging back in and still made no difference.

Any other ideas that I may have missed?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Edit Own Profile not appearing even for admin after upgrade to 1.9

by Deleted user -

Ok, I partially resolved the problem... I found the Edit Profile option, but it just wasn't where it used to be. I had to go to Course, then click on Participants, then click on my own User Name, and then click the Edit Tab.

So now my questions become this:

How can I have a direct link to Edit Profile Tab show up in one of the side blocks on the Front Page and/or on a Course page. Edit profile used to show up in a block on the left side of my page whenever I entered a course, but now I don't see any option to do that. It used to be a simple one-click process to get to this page, but now it takes three clicks and most newbies would never find it.

Thanks

In reply to Deleted user

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jeff,

You'll be pleased to hear that in the latest version of Moodle 1.9+ (and also Moodle 1.8.5+) all users have a profile link in the course admin block - see MDL-11382. An alternative way of accessing your profile page in any version of Moodle is by clicking on your own name at the top or bottom of any page.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Deleted user -

I will vote for it immediately!!!

It was there in 1.6.4... did it accidentally get removed during upgrades, or was it purposefully removed for a specific reason? EDIT: Oh wait... I read MDL-11382, so it was a matter of trying to figure out a better way to do it!

Thanks

In reply to Helen Foster

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Bug report Created: 21/Sep/07 03:29 PM, and finally fixed on 02/May/08 02:22 PM... Must be a record breaker.wink
Joseph