Module language files

Module language files

by Tim Allen -
Number of replies: 3
Hi fellow moodlers,

It's been a while since I installed a module, and I need to remember how to set up the language file.

If I install a third-party module, should I copy the language file to moodle/lang/en_utf, to moodledata/lang/en_utf_local or to moodle/mod/[modulename]/lang/en_utf?

TIA. smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Allen

Re: Module language files

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim,

in recent versions, all third-party modules should come to you with their own language packages in mod/modulename/lang/xx_utf8/modulename.php. Moodle will find them there, so there is no need to copy them after the module installation.
If you want to create new translation or modify a current one, use the translation tool shipped with Moodle 1.9 which takes care of this.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Module language files

by Cecile Doyen -
Hello,
I am also new to modifying language and translations of standard titles. I have made my way through permissions and files, but I can not locate what file the title "Available course" is in. I am using Moodle 1.9
Thanks
CD