Upgrade to 1.9 shows 'block search can't downgrade'

Upgrade to 1.9 shows 'block search can't downgrade'

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2

I just upgraded from 1.8.5 to 1.9. During the upgrade, I got the following error message:

block search can't downgrade 2008031500 -> 2007112700

The upgrade would not proceed past this point. It kept showing this message everytime I hit continue.

I finally went into the mdl_block table, and manually changed the 'search' entry from 2008031500 to 2007112700. This temporarily solved the problem and allowed the upgrade to continue.

Can anybody tell me what caused this error, and if there is anything I should do to fix it for real... just changing the database entry may not have actually solved the problem!

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Upgrade to 1.9 shows 'block search can't downgrade'

by Carl Buckley -

I also had the same error and had to edit the database directly for the upgrade to finish.. Thanks Jeff for the heads up. I was upgrading from 1.6-1.7-1.8-1.9 and the only problem was the 1.9 'block search can't downgrade 2008031500 -> 2007112700!'

this may help others, login to mysql cli and run:-

use databasename;

UPDATE mdl_block SET version = '2007112700' WHERE name = 'search';

Cheers,

Carl Buckley

In reply to Carl Buckley

Re: Upgrade to 1.9 shows 'block search can't downgrade'

by Deleted user -

Hi Carl

Yep, I was doing the exact same upgrade 1.6 to 1.7 to 1.8 to 1.9, and it was the only problem I came across. And like I said, it solved the problem, but I'm wondering if it "really" solved the problem!!!

It would be nice to know what caused the error in the first place, and if changing the database is sufficient to resolve it!

But hopefully it will not cause any more problems.