Enrolling with a Purchase Order

Enrolling with a Purchase Order

by Jason Carroll -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

I'm looking for some ideas on how to allow users to pay for a course with a purchase order or paypal. Most of our users are schools and do not use credit cards. Is there a way I can offer them the choice of paying with paypal or entering a Purchase Order (PO)? If they chose to use a PO, then I would ask them to enter the PO number, name, and billing address. Ideally, they would then click submit and the enrollment key would automatically be emailed to them while their information was emailed to me.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Carroll

Re: Enrolling with a Purchase Order

by Richard Standen -

Course Merchant (www.coursemerchant.com) will allow this.  You can set payment by PO to allow auto enrol, or enrolment to be delayed until you receive an official PO number etc.

The demo linked from coursemerchant.com demonstrates payment by PO - but it does delay access to the course in this instance.

Regards

Richard

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Jason Carroll -
Thanks James (and Richard). I was aware that I could change the enrolment setting to paypal, but am trying to figure out a way to do both. I believe if I set an enrolment key, people can enter it and not have to go through paypal or go through paypal if they want to use a credit card. So as a worse case scenario I can just put a note on the class that says if you will be paying with a purchase order to email me and I can respond with the key. I am just hoping to find something that automates the process to lessen the work load on myself (and to help out in case I'm away from the computer for a couple days).

Thanks again,

Jason

by Steve Hyndman -

Use the feedback module. Set it up to collect the information you need from the user including PO number. Then put the enrollment key on the "Thank You" screen the users sees once he/she submits the feedback. Just change the enrollment key periodically. I use this technique for various purposes on several different sites.

Steve