anonymous, but with opportunity to see who has already participated?

anonymous, but with opportunity to see who has already participated?

by Christoph Pimmer -
Number of replies: 7
Hi, is there a way to see which students of a course have already participated - without having access to their individual results? This is a very important issue in our University. We should be able to remind students to participate without being able to track their opinions and detailed feedbacks.

best regards,
Christoph
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christoph Pimmer

Re: anonymous, but with opportunity to see who has already participated?

by Mike Green -
I don't believe this is currently possible - if it is, I'd be very interested as it would also be extremely useful for our College.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It should be possible to get this information through the Participation report, but this function is not (yet) implemented in the Feedback module. It is implemented in the Questionnaire module, though.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jean-Luc Delghust -
Thanks!

Is it going to be implemented? Since the Questionnaire module is not ideal to guarantee anonymity, this would be immensely interesting... But I guess the twi issues are somehow linked.
In reply to Jean-Luc Delghust

by Neil Birt -
Hi

In the feedback module we work around this problem by creating two feedbacks.

The first is anonymous. At the end, in the box that shows after submission we enter a link to the second feedback which is not anonymous.

In reply to Neil Birt

by Timothy Takemoto -

That is a good idea from Neil Birt from a year ago, but where is the other feedback?

If it is visible in the same course then students will be able to go to it directly.
If it is invisible in the same course then students will not be able to do it.
If it is hidden in a hidden week at the end of the course, then students will be able to see it from the "feedback" page. It is probably not difficult to hack out the link to all the feedbacks on the course.
If it is in another course, probably a meta course, then the grades will not be stored in the same place, but I guess that they would be easy to collate.

A link to a quiz with a password, with the password displayed on the last page
of the feedback would also work but then students will tell each other the password.

Activity linking would also do it but I am not using it.

by Kathrin Gaißer -
My problem is related to this, but in fact the other way around. If I choose non-anonymous, I can only see who has already participated, but I can't see any individual results. Maybe, I'm wrong, but I thought non-anonymous makes it possible to see in the analysis, who has chosen which answer. Unfortunately, I can't remember, if I had this problem before our moodle update to 1.9.2.. But I think it was possible then. Is there any idea, what's wrong, or is this a change made on purpose?

best regards,
Kathrin
In reply to Kathrin Gaißer

by Kathrin Gaißer -
Problem sovled wink. It's just not public...