Error with confirmation emails when manually adding users to a session

Error with confirmation emails when manually adding users to a session

by Timo V -
Number of replies: 3
Found another one (a bug/feature, you decide smile

You add new attendees to a session through the "Add/remove attendees"-page. You select multiple users from the list. You try to add them with the arrow button but run into some error with the confirmation email (the mail server isn't properly configured or no email-address has been defined for the user). If the confirmation email can't be sent, the users will not be added to the session at all. Also, after the error the user is returned to the moodle frontpage, and not back to the "Add/remove attendees"-page. This can be somewhat confusing, the user doesn't get any feedback whether the students were added to the session or not.

Timo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timo V

Re: Error with confirmation emails when manually adding users to a session

by François Marier -
Hi Timo,

Does the problem only occur when you add multiple users at the same time? If you add the same users one by one, is it any different?

I fixed a problem related to manager email addresses not being set a week ago. When did you download the module?

Cheers,
Francois
In reply to François Marier

by Timo V -
It only occurs when adding multiple users. If I would only add one at a time, there would be no problem since I would see the error message for the one unsuccessfully added user and would know how to react. The problem occurs when trying to add multiple users: if any invalid user emails are found, the rest of the selected users are not added.

I don't think this is related to manager email addresses.

I tried this on the latest 1.2.0. version, downloaded on monday.
In reply to Timo V

by François Marier -
This is now fixed in CVS.

Thanks for reporting this Timo! Please let me know if you are still seeing the same problems.