NWiki for Moodle 1.6 - groups issue?

NWiki for Moodle 1.6 - groups issue?

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers

Have done a bit of work to tidy up NWiki for Moodle 1.6.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geoffrey Rowland

Re: NWiki for Moodle 1.6 - Groups issue?

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Picture of Plugin developers

...Ooops, got timed out mid-edit. As I was saying...

Have done a bit of work to tidy up NWiki (wiki_rev2007051801.zip) for Moodle 1.6. The rationale was to have a reasonably functional Wiki for staff development, prior to our upgrade to Moodle 1.9 over the summer.

Fixed a few lang strings and help files (en_utf8), tweaked the parser to be more compatible with MediaWiki syntax (though not as complete as the new parser engine in NWiki for Moodle 1.9), and also added a few more buttons to the NWiki editor (== h2 ==, === h3 ===, ==== h4 ====, pre , indent :, bulleted list *, numbered list #, table etc) to try to be more friendly for the novice Wiki user. Will be happy to zip these up and make them available to anyone else still using Moodle 1.6 mixed. Where appropriate, I'll also be happy to port these forward to NWiki for Moodle 1.9.

However, I can't get this version (before or after my tweaks!) to work with groups.

Group mode: No groups|Wiki in common    - works fine

However, if I select

Separate groups|Students in group

then [Save changes]

although I get a 'Change to another group' dropdown menu at the bottom right of the Wiki page, I can't actually select another group (just get 'bounced' back to the top group in the dropdown). Anyone have any insights or a fix for this? I have noticed a few other postings on Wikis and Groups in this forum, though none seem directly relevant.

Thanks in advance

Geoff