a couple of questions from a newbie...

a couple of questions from a newbie...

by graham green -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,

First, let me say that i think Moodle is fantastic.  It's just the tool that i was theorising about when doing my Masters about computer based educational systems....

I've only been "playing" with Moodle for a little over a week now and a few questions have popped into my mind.  Firstly, is there any advantage over using the internal HTML editor and generating "internal" HTML pages for courses as opposed to generating HTML files with another program, such as FrontPage or whatever, and then uploading them and having a link to that page?  I mean, does having any internally generated pages give any performance or feature benefits instead of linking to an external page? 

Also, is it possible for the teacher of a course to receive an email everytime a new student registers for the course.  I haven't seen any option for this (although I may have missed it).

Thanks

graham

Average of ratings: -
In reply to graham green

Re: a couple of questions from a newbie...

by Andy Diament -

Hiya: reasons I like html resources:

• Convenience: moodle largely becomes a standalone application, especially useful when I start training colleagues who will not want to jump between apps;
  • html resources can be edited anytime, from any broswer, anywhere with access to your moodle
  • For consistency, uses current moodle theme; I particularly like the appearance of printed resources
  • html resources can have the filters applied, not sure about uploaded pages

Andy D