not going to next question after max number attempts

Re: not going to next question after max number attempts

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi John,
The "logical order" of pages can be important and sometimes requires as much thought as the " navigational order".

You might want to consider grouping question pages. There are two types: a classic branch and a cluster. For example placing a Branch page before a group of question pages and placing an End of Branch page at the end adds an interesting twist to the concept of logical order when max attempts is set. Look closely at the jump settings.

A word of caution. Set up a simple lesson to test your understanding of the classic branch and cluster concepts. I have spent hours (because my memory is in direct proportion to the length of the hair on top of my head) playing with these special navigational pages.

In Tracker, I have created a 4 Lesson introduction course to Lesson for 1.9 that has lesson segments on a classic branch and another on a cluster. It is possible to download this "course" and restore it to demo.moodle.org which is 1.9 . Part of my intent in these lessons is to create simple pages that then can be changed by teachers who want to experiment with a no frills model (Well I did have a little fun with graphics). The concept of a cluster and classic branch has not changed between 1.6 and 1.9 but I am not sure you can restore the "course" to 1.6.

Hope this gives you some options.
Chris