General developer forum

Desktop client for Moodle Tracker

Martin Dougiamas
Desktop client for Moodle Tracker
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQPlugin developersTesters
Almworks have kindly given us (Moodle developers) a free licence to use their Jira client (it's a java app).

Their client lets us search, browse and edit issues from our tracker in a different way (and you can work offline).

Download: http://www.almworks.com/jiraclient/download.html

The license key is attached to this post.

Average of ratings: -
Dan at desk in Moodle HQ, Perth
Re: Desktop client for Moodle Tracker
Core developersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQPlugin developersTesters
I had a quick play but wasn't obvious what advantages it has over the web app? Anyone found anything in particular it gives?

Picture of David Mudrák
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators
In fact, I was not able to do -Automatic- issue assignment as can be done through the web sad. Škoďák has reported the desktop client having some good searching feature looking for security issues thoughtful.

Just wondering . . .
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Any more comment on the value of the desktop client?

Is it worth setting it up?

-Derek

Picture of Ankit Agarwal
Core developersPlugin developersTesters

The search does look nice, you can have a quick view of the issue, right from the search result window. Beside that even I dont see many advantages. Still need to see how this can work with sprint issues. Btw I keep getting an "invalid licensce" warning on bottom right.

Picture of Tomasz Muras
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTranslators

The same here - INVALID LICENSE.

Martin Dougiamas
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQPlugin developersTesters

It's no longer necessary to install the license in Jira Client: the license is on our server and everything just works when you connect to tracker.moodle.org.   MDLSITE-2090

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
One poor developer...
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Just a side note,

you need to update to latest Jira Client version (3.1 and upwards), to get it working with the new license schema AND with Jira > 5.2 properly supported.

Ciao smile

Picture of Andrew Nicols
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

If you only just downloaded the client, then it gives you a Trial license to start you off. You need to remove this trial license before it will let you use the server license. To do so:

• click on the 'Invalid license' notice in the bottom right-hand corner (red background)
  • choose 'Select License' from the text area
  • click the 'Remove License' button

voila!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Ok ..so... where it says url and username/password do I put the tracker url and my username/password or what? (showing my ignorance heresmile (Because I tried that and it just keeps whirring round) I guess I should now read the instructions..

Picture of Andrew Nicols
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Mary,

You put your tracker username and password. You also need to use the URL of https://tracker.moodle.org to connect to.

Andrew

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Ah thanks Andrew - I was doing it right; looks like there might be an issue with school internet connection - I will try at home and see if it connects there. (Though I can get onto the tracker from school no probs)

Picture of Hittesh Ahuja
Plugin developersTesters

Wanted to try the JIRA desktop client for moodle but cant seem to login.

Says ' Login /Captcha error. '

I ran  the diagnostics tool .Attaching the log file. BTW, the login works fine on tracker.moodle.org.

Any help is appreciated.