Enrolment disappears

Enrolment disappears

by Todd Burris -
Number of replies: 2
We are currently trying to get our Moodle install (1.9) configured correctly.

Our SIS system is PeopleSoft, and all of our data is sitting in an Oracle database. We have created a view in our databse that has all of the correct information (all of the courses, the students and teachers enrolled, and all of the users rolls). We use the LDAP module to create the users in our system, and to allow them to authenticate into Moodle.

First we created the users via a script (auth_ldap_sync_users.php). We had a few problems getting the users create, but for the most part we have been able to resolve all issues. Then, we run enrol_database_sync.php. This script connects to the view we created in our PeopleSoft database. After some fine tuning we were able to get this to work correctly as well.

When everything is said and done all of the courses are created with the users assigned to them with the appropriate roles.

Here is our problem...When a user logs in they are unenrolled from all their courses. Also, more classes are created (without the appropriate information in them). For example:

UserA has been created and they are in Class1, Class2, & Class10. When they log in, using their username and password, the following happens:
  • Their enrollment is removed from Class1, Class2, & Class10
  • Three new classes are created without a fullname, shortname, or courseid
I know that when a user logs in it checks their course associations.

What are we missing?

Does it have anything to do with this: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=93079?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd Burris

Re: Enrolment disappears

by Todd Burris -
I have done some more testing and I still can't quite figure out what is going on. I have noticed that even courses will be created even before the users are created.

I am sure that we have one setting wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

Any thoughts?
In reply to Todd Burris

Re: Enrolment disappears

by Jonathan Moore -
Todd,

At one point there was a bug with the enrollment plugin and mysql 4.x. I had to move a deployment using this setup to mysql 5.x to get rid of the issue of disappearing enrollments.