Want to hide the quiz score

Want to hide the quiz score

על ידי Patrick Sennett בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 2

OK, this is just plain wierd.  We are doing our first Moodle deployment, for continuing education for paramedics and other EMS personnel.  Since this is a transition from live presentations and paper quizzes, the technology aspect of this will be brand new to everybody.  Our future use will be doing monthly quizzes with adaptive scoring. 

But for this initial "experiment", I want to retain the scoring (so we can evaluate the results, not individually but overall just see how it all works) but not display the results to each individual or in the gradebook.

1. Can the display of scoring be disabled?  I don't mind the question-by-question scoring, but can I block the individual from seeing their total score at the end of the quiz? 
  2. Can I choose to not post scores to the gradebook for this one event?

Perspective - we promised everyone that this initial quiz is being done to test the technology and will not result in a permanent score being recorded, but there are administrators who fear that the test takers will freak out if they can see any score being recorded, even in the Gradebook.

ממוצע דרוגים: -
בתגובה ל: Patrick Sennett

Re: Want to hide the quiz score

על ידי Itamar Tzadok בתאריך
1. In the quiz settings you can uncheck the Scores column.

Students may review: Responses Scores Feedback Answers
Immediately after the attempt: v

Later, while the quiz is still open: v

After the quiz is closed: v

You should also make sure that the 'Show activity reports:' in the course's settings is set to 'No'. We found that even when we prevented students from reviewing the scores they could still see them in the activity report (v 1.6.3; but we did allow them to see scores after quiz was closed and it might be because of that, so this is just to be on the safe side).

2. By default the quiz should be uncategorized in the gradebook. If you set the 'Uncategorized' category to hidden the quiz will not appear in the gradebook.

חיוך
בתגובה ל: Itamar Tzadok

Re: Want to hide the quiz score

על ידי Patrick Sennett בתאריך
OK, thanks for that help. I tried all that and it worked.

What I am further wondering is if I can use question scoring but not display the values. For instance, I've got a ten question quiz, 10 points per question. I want the student to keep choosing until they get the right answer, but can I shut off the display that says they got 7.5 out of a possible 10 points for getting it on the second try?