I have some problems:
1) I would like to know if on the Windows IIS6 WEB SERVER with MYSQL DB , moodle can be installed without any problem?
2)We have migrate from a LInux server to a Windows IIS6 WEB SERVER (which is a Semi dedicated server ) and we have noticed that the words files (.doc , .docx ) , zip file can't be open. And even , when there are open , they have very strange characters .
NB:The pdf files don't have any problem.
What can we do for that?
3)The users pictures are not displayed on the website .
What can be the cause , because we have tried all what you could.
PLease waiting for your kind response to know our to process with the problem.
Thanks in advance
I run Moodle on a IIS6 hosting provider.
In general moodle runs fine on IIS6, but 2 problems have caused me some headache!
- using large filenames (>15 characters) caused a CGI-error, so use small filenames!
- for displaying pics of users you need to unselect admin menu/server/HTTP/"use slash argument".
Is there any permissions you had to set in IIS for Moodle?
I am supposed to find this information in the forum somewhere, but it isn't readily apparent.
I got it running! Finally! Yahoo! and I have a problem with the remote =
users login. They user types in my ip, but cannot login as the url =
becomes the localhost which the user does not have.=20
1 more thing, my pictures are not there???
Thanks, I appreciate and be so thankful for your help.
I think I've finally got most everything setup for moodle to muddle -- except for PHP. When I try to test PHP from the command line it just hangs like it's waiting for a backup task to finish. The instructions for installing PHP under IIS from www.peterguy.com were complicated but got me most of the way there -- except for the command line test hanging up. So; downloaded separate instructions from http://www.filedropper.com/installingmoodleonwindowsserver2003-updated, which had a few more things to do and places to tweak.
Now, whenever I bring up moodle in a browser, I get the following error message:
PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 028A7BF0
I guess this is better than not knowing about an error, but how am I to figure out the root cause of this symptom?
Moodle, MySQL, IIS 6 and PHP all seem to running along FDAH; so, where can I look?
What protocol do you used to connect Moodle and PHP to your MS SQL 2005 database - FreeTDS, ODBTP, ODBC or...?
FreeTDS and ODBTP seem to be the most common options, but I've only used FreeTDS and it hasn't given me any problems so far (I'm on MSSQL 2005, IIS, Windows 2003 Server & PHP 5.2.6).
However, I've often wondered if ODBTP would be better and if I should try it. But, my main concern with ODBTP is that according to the ODBTP page on Sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/odbtp/ the latest version of ODBTP is 1.1.2 which was released in August 2004. That's almost 4 years without any updates - and that worries me a bit!
I would appreciate your view...
I apologize that I have not yet responded. I was out of town since last Friday. I need to play catch up here at work but will try and address all the issues as fast as I can.
I'd say that this install is driving me nuts, but that objective in actuality is just a short putt.
Hope you enjoyed you time away.
Finished all the Moodle setup and database tables creation last night, logged off, and went home. Success. This morning it won't let me logon with the credentials from last night and it won't e-mail me the password for moodleuser, even though I know what it is. The instructions say to set up CRON but don't tell you how; so, there might be a piece to finish before anything works.
I really thought I had this project done ... bleah.