Not Connecting to LDAP Server

Not Connecting to LDAP Server

by Chris Howard -
Number of replies: 1
Hello everyone,
I decided to try and setup LDAP authentication on Moodle 1.8.2, and I keep getting an error message, "LDAP-module cannot connect to any servers", when I try to log in. The LDAP server I am trying to connect to is a Netware 6.5 SP5 server. The web server I am using for Moodle is running SLES 10. I have set up the Host URL to ldap://ldapserver_ip, Version is 3. I then set the Bind Settings to Hide Passwords and the distinguished name to cn=ldapuser,ou=tech,o=treename. I chose usertype as NovellEdirectory and setup the context where my user is located. I also made some additional optional changes, but they shouldn't have anything to do with connecting. I also checked the LDAP server and set Bind Restrictions to "Disallow anonymous simple bind." I'm not sure what else I need to do. I've been searching online, but I haven't found any solutions yet. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Chris
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Howard

Re: Not Connecting to LDAP Server

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is there a user in you Netware LDAP server whose distinguished name is 'cn=ldapuser,ou=tech,o=treename'? If so, have you specified its password in the LDAP settings?

Saludos. Iñaki.