Help with 2nd instance of Feedback Module

Help with 2nd instance of Feedback Module

by Janet Smith -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

My institution needs 2 instances of the feedback module so we can control security differently on each instance and use them for different purposes. I copied the Feedback files in the Mod directory and the Blocks directory and placed them in folders in their respective directories called 'feedback2'. I then went through every file, replacing every reference to 'feedback' with 'feedback2'. I figured Moodle would detect the references basically as a separate Module.

It seems to almost be working. I can see new tables created in my Moodle database that are exactly the same as the feedback tables, but renamed as feedback2. I also got the Notifications page to show a successful install of Feedback2. But, something isn't quite right because I can't get Moodle to load when I have editing turned on and now I can't get the Notifications page to load either (no site registration option etc).

Can anyone think of anything else that might need to be altered to allow Moodle to call this module separate from the existing Feedback installation? I am thinking there might be other function calls or something that need to renamed with a 2 after them to be distinct from the existing feedback module. I am running Moodle 1.8.

Thanks,
Janet
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janet Smith

Re: Help with 2nd instance of Feedback Module

by Janet Smith -
Hi All,

Just wanted to say I sorted it out. Just had to rename a couple of other files.

Thanks!
Janet