Displaying the powerpoint presentation

Displaying the powerpoint presentation

от parikshit uniyal -
Number of replies: 7

Dear Friends,

I have uploaded the power point presentation on my moodle server by following the below mentioned steps:

Save the ppt in htm format and zip the respective folder.

1.Add an activity>Add Lesson>select import the ppt option and then upload the above mentioned folder.

I can view the ppt when I login as student or admin user but the formatting has gone for a toss.

Can some body suggest a work around to preserve the format of the ppt...

I'm currently using Moodle 1.9,Red Hat Linux 4.0(Server),mysql 4.0

Please.. help. 

In reply to parikshit uniyal

Re: Displaying the powerpoint presentation

от Chris Collman -
Снимка на Documentation writers
Hi,
Common problem. Have you looked at MoodleDocs and the Tips section about Importing Powerpoint?

The export to Webpage code is not simple because powerpoint can do so many things. Trying to translate all those things is difficult and this is compounded by Powerpoint changing the the format of its exported HTML code every time they upgrade. I could go on but Tips says to "keep it simple". Here are two things I do when I want to bring in pages.

1. Text only. This means 1 (one) heading and plain text under it. No images, no slide numbers, no nothing else smile
  2. Images of the powerpoint or presentation page. I like to open the powerpoint presentation with openoffice, then export to webpages. Openoffice creates nice uniform screenshots of each page. I insert these images into each of my Lesson pages (usually a branch page). I can add text above and/or below these images.
Several of us are asking for two new types of imports into Lesson. An import OO presentation (make my #2 above automatic). And some type of text format similar to a GIFT file for text that will create a series of branch pages.

I know this does not help much. But there it is.
Best Chris
In reply to parikshit uniyal

от Sean Petrozzino -
The upload powerpoint feature sounds like a great idea, but it fails miserably at anything more complex than straight text.

Until it gets a little better, I export my powerpoints to html. This converts all the slides to pictures and makes a little html page to navigate hem. Then I just upload the pictures, manually create a page for every slide, and embed the slide picture in that page. This preserves your formatting exactly, but obviously takes a bit of time.

Thats the best thing I've come up with so far.
In reply to Sean Petrozzino

от Chris Collman -
Hi Sean,
I figured out a crude hack of importppt. Esentially it looks for a file, finds the slide order, the creates branchtables for each image. Better than individual importing of images into one page at a time (been there done that). But the easier way is not something I could explain to anyone else усмивка

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

от Sean Petrozzino -
Chris,

Could you post the code of what you changed in importppt so that myself and others might use it?

Thanks,
Sean

от Chris Collman -
Hi Sean,
I have not looked at it in a while but MDL-5655 has some files I put up for programmers to look at. The zip probably contains a help file and some other stuff. I am not a programmer and really don't know what I am doing, honest.

Remember "my process" uses Open Office Impress and more importantly only imports the entire image of a PowerPoint slide. The text you see in the Lesson content area, is all part of a single image.

I just noticed

MDL-10513
Which has code for 1.8 to import a series of images from a powerpoint. I think the issue here is that the slide names need to be in the proper order. OOimpress calls them img1.jpg, img2.jpg etc. so img11 comes before img2. This was done last year at this time and I never noticed. Could work for a bunch of other things. Like PDFs exported to jpgs.

Best Chris

回复: Re: Displaying the powerpoint presentation

от Claire Fu -

Hi Sean,

This way sounds great. But I have one question, does the HTML file still keep the animations and transitions of the PowerPoint? I want to find the answer by myself. But I didn't find the setting of export to HTML in PowerPoint 2007. Could you teach me how to set?

Thanks!

Claire