Templates Status?

Re: Templates Status?

by Hannes Gassert -
Number of replies: 0
I have not used this package myself, but trust the people that recommended it to me smile
There are some more tutorials linked on http://www.phpkitchen.com/staticpages/index.php?page=2003041204203962, and in fact I give it a big bonus because it's in PEAR - not only because I think there is a certain amount of quality control and peer review, but also because of the PEAR infrastructure: bug tracker for each package, apidocs, installer.. etc., and no registration, ads and all that. I'd love to see Moodle use more of PEAR instead of taking libraries from all over the place (not meant offensive..).

As far as XSLT is concerned: My company does not use anything else any more (expect for Moodle smile). Popoon ("Cocoon for PHP") is one of the ways to go in my eyes (alright, as a contributor to Popoon I might be a bit biased wink). XSL has quite a high entry barrier, getting into simple templates is a lot easier for most people, therefore it might very well be just too much for Moodle. But it certainly is great, elegant, etc.

And about Lemos: Just pray you will never have him here! smile

But as said: It really is your decision, either way means lots of work...for you, I guess.