Completing a course

Completing a course

by Scott Karren -
Number of replies: 3

Is there a way for Moodle to show visually what has been completed in a course?  I know about the activity reports, but I would like to know if it is possible to place a checkmark or a "completed" next to an activity or resource within the course structure, so it would look something like the screenshot below.

Attachment moodle.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Karren

Re: Completing a course

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Scott,

This topic has been discussed before, and I think it is a good one.  (See: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=9030 ).  Also see the discussions about the not quite finished Bookmarks module.  As Tom menitoned in the above discussion, this may not be as popular at the university level--to some extent you do have to make the little rascals accountable for themselves--but it really would be an added benefit for other populations of users.

Perhaps there will be enough interest in this to get something going on this topic.  Maybe we ought to hold a fundraising drive to get it implementedwink.  I would contribute.

I was hoping that a forms module would be developed and that this would be helpful for this.  What I do now is I create a document to be printed out that is a checklist of things to do in a course.  It would be great if a form like this could have checkboxes that are clicked and then saved online for the user! 

Chardelle

In reply to Scott Karren

by Ralph Blakeslee -

This would be a very useful feature, especially in a Moodle-business environment. I agree with Charadelle that it might not be needed at the university level.

What I have been thinking of is a slight twist: Once certain tasks are completed in a course a form or certificate is then made available for student to print out. This would be particularly useful for the corporate environment when proof of passing a course is necessary.

I, like Charadelle would contribute to a fund drive for this purpose.

Ralph

In reply to Ralph Blakeslee

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Ralph,

Having a certificate to print out at the end of a course has been discussed over in the Business course, and creating a forms module has been discussed here:  http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4038

Being able to create forms that: 1. get data from the database and 2. can be further filled out by the student/teacher, and can then be either sent via email, saved to the user's account, or printed out would be helpful in so many ways.

I have a certificate form created as a PDF that can be filled in (by me, by hand for now) and emailed to the user or their supervisor. 

Chardelle