HTMLarea (not showing up fix)

HTMLarea (not showing up fix)

by Sam Norman -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all,

I have just installed a new Moodle site and ran accross the HTML editor disappearing, I tried many solutions posted in these forums to no avail.
It was only by chance I came accross this fix for it, I had also been having errors with XML and had set the debug to developer to see if any errors came up (a few errors came up but all were due to the server setup not moodle) once I had these sorted I dropped the debug back to Normal and hey presto my HTML editor comes back.
Hope this can help someone, seems like this has been an issue for some time.

Sam

תשובה ל: HTMLarea (not showing up fix)

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

Having the same problem - please help.

What did you do exactly in the server to fix it?

we just upgrade our test moodle 1.9.2 - stable -  site and the HTML editor link  under Appearance couldn't be displayed the page loads for more than ten minutes and stuck

I try to set the debug to developer and others but they won't shown. the site is stuck and for a long time  again.

is it a known bug?

please help

Thanks

In reply to Miki Alliel

RE: HTMLarea (not showing up fix)

by Sam Norman -

I set debug to Normal, Developer seemed to cause problems. Not sure if this is a bug but posted in case it helped someone else. I am on a hosted server so do not have direct control over it (I am restricted to cPanel for any server things I need to do, but I the host have 24/7 support) they had to reboot and check the XML settings. other than that I am not sure what they did, i just came back and set debug lower again and all worked fine.