Connection timed out

Connection timed out

by tony deprato -
Number of replies: 1
My installation is here:

dacademy.net

Basically until about a month ago I was not having any issues. Now the load time lags so bad I get a "connection timed out" every single time I login and try to go anywhere.

I did not make any changes to the site. Now I am in the UAE and so at first I thought there might be some weird DNS issue. So I switched my laptop to open DNS. Still the same.

The cron.php runs every hour.

It is even worse at school because the IT department "upgraded" the proxy etc and the internal network is now faster, but external access is slower. They will not tell me exactly what they did so I cannot answer specifically.

The site is hosted at Apollo Hosting in North America.

I would like some feedback and ideas for troubleshooting. Also if anyone would like to join one of my courses and see if they are lagging as much as I am just let me know and I will post a login for you.

Any advice would help. I am not seeing any weird error messages on the server etc. However, PHP reporting is only set to medium.

The installation is 1.6 on a dedicated server. Also the number of users has not increased. The only major change was the moodle index page was recently set to be the defualt homepage for about 250 machines on campus.

Tony D.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to tony deprato

Re: Connection timed out

by Norbert Berger -

Hi,

I just ran tracert in a dos window. Attached find the results.

These suggest the problem lies with your provider and their network: Firstly there seems to be a minor delay between dataservice and apolloserver, and then a massive timeout between apolloserver and your dedicated server there.

Contact technical support, perhaps with the picture attached and get them to sort it out.

Hope this helps

ngberger

Attachment tracert_dacademy.net.gif