using the rich-text editor

using the rich-text editor

by Francis T -
Number of replies: 4
I got around that cut/copy/paste problem by using IE to copy and paste instead, but now the problem is that whenever I copy and paste into the text editor, things come out very strange at the other end. Every paragraph space I have on my word document is doubled, so its like I've hit enter twice, but it did not look that way when I copied it. Also, alot of the spaces are deleted between some words. I tried fixing that, but then everything beyond a certain point became bold, so I tried to remove the bold effect, but it did not work. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Right now I need to copy and paste from a word document since much of my lessons are already written there.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francis T

Re: using the rich-text editor

by Scott Karren -

I did that in the beginning and had the same issues that you are dealing with now.  When you copy from MS Word you are also copying MS Word specific tags and info into the HTML editor.  Results can vary, I got around this by saving the lessons as .txt files, opening them in TextPad, and then copy and paste into the HTML editor.  Hope that helps.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
There is a much easier way.  After pasting into the text editor from Word, just click on the little Word icon in the toolbar, "Clean Word HTML" and it will take all of the extraneous Word stuff outsmile.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Francis T -
I just finished doing it by hand...but I will be sure to try that next time, thanks. Scott, your suggestion worked very well also, there were a few little problems, but the bold thing went away. Thanks.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Scott Karren -

Hmmm..... didn't know about that button. Sure would have made all those text conversions alot less painful.  Thanks for the hint.

Scott