Possible fix on classes that will not back up...

Possible fix on classes that will not back up...

by James Desterhouse -
Number of replies: 0
...This worked for me, I hope it will work for the rest of you.

Here's the thread with my initial problem: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=93761

Hopefully that'll give you some background at what was going on.

Basically I had a small handful of classes that were not backing up; the rest were backup up fine or being skipped due to inactivity. Now, I looked all over the place to see what would be the fix for this. I've tried 'repairing' and 'optimizing' mysql through command line to no success. I check, and rechecked the admin/course/backup page and made sure if the blocks where checked (especially the 'active' block). I looked through the Moodle config files to see if there was anything there that refers to backup. I double checked to make sure the time on my server was correct.

After trying so many more things, I got to thinking that my backup issue was a PHP problem. My 'fix' was modifying the php.ini file by adding cache and memory and a few other things. I'll upload my php.ini file so you can cross check it with your own. I made this fix, ran cron manually and had backup run twice. Yeah, twice. For some reason, with me, whenever I made a new class, it would error the first time it tried to back up on a schedule, but it would be successful the second time around. So if you run backup once and it doesn't work, allow backup to run a second time.

Again, I hope this really helps any of you.

Here are my specs, btw:

Moodle 1.8.4+ Build: 20080401
mySQL 5.0.51
PHP 5.2.5

Average of ratings: -