Using Multiple Choice question for a Multiple "Choice" Module

Using Multiple Choice question for a Multiple "Choice" Module

by Michael Petro -
Number of replies: 3
I am sorry if this is reposting where it should be replying to another forum. I tried to search and look through the previous posts. Both volumes were too massive.

My question concerns the Choice Module vs. a multiple choice question in quiz. I want to poll my students and allow them to pick multiple options from a list. At this time the Choice Module only allows one choice. From the Choice Forum, I was directed here.

In the quiz module, you must make each choice worth something, and you cannot limit the number of choices. It's either one or multiple.

I would like my students to be able to select say 3 of 11 choices. I have it figured out sort of in Multiple choice, by giving partial credit for each "answer" and then making sure the grade is not above a certain percentage. However with 11 choices, it is impossible to give each the same percentage.

Can you turn off the "Choose at least one." directive?

Suggestions please?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Petro

Re: Using Multiple Choice question for a Multiple "Choice" Module

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Michael,

Do you want to use a quiz to test your students or a survey to poll them? Your final objective is not clear from your post. If you want to poll your students, then you should not use the Quiz module but either the Feedback or the Questionnaire module. Both are 3rd party modules, which means they do not come with a standard installation of moodle and you'll have to download and install them on top of an existing moodle installation. They are available from the Modules and plugins page. Both have their own forum, which you can find on this Using Moodle Forums front page.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Michael Petro -
I am reviewing a few different uses. One of them is to hold a school wide election via Moodle. Each student is allowed to vote for 3 candidates from a long list. Would the Feedback or Questionaire option help me with this?

Thanks for your input!

Michael <><
In reply to Michael Petro

by Audun Hauge -
You might manage to do this with the booking mod. It's still a bit hairy - but works for moodle 1.9. I set up a choice (appointment) as shown below.
Users can make choices in each column. You can not have more than one choice in any row or column. You get a count for each row and each column. Also a grand total in the lower right corner.
Attachment coose.png