Does anyone know how to make reCaptcha work on Moodle 1.9?

د Robert Guttenberg لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 9

I got the key.. is the plugin already installed in this version?

Thanx

Robert

د درجې بندۍ اوسط:  -
In reply to Robert Guttenberg

Re: Does anyone know how to make reCaptcha work on Moodle 1.9?

د Mauno Korpelainen لخوا -

It should be installed...I think you need to select Enable reCAPTCHA element - Yes
from Administration -> Users -> Authentication -> Email-based self-registration

and enter ReCAPTCHA public key or ReCAPTCHA private key in

Administration -> Users -> Authentication -> Manage authentication

In reply to Robert Guttenberg

د Helen Foster لخوا -
د Core developers انځور د Documentation writers انځور د Moodle HQ انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Plugin developers انځور د Testers انځور د Translators انځور
Hi Robert,

Yes, ReCAPTCHA is included in the latest Moodle 1.9+.

In addition to setting reCAPTCHA keys and enabling the reCAPTCHA element in the Email-based self-registration settings, as Mauno describes, email-based self-registration should be set as the self registration authentication plugin in the manage authentication common settings.
In reply to Helen Foster

د Shin Okada لخوا -
I am not able to find reCAPTCHA in my moodle 1.9.

I checked in Admin > user > authentification > email based self registration.

Question 1. Where can I find the reCAPTHA?

Question 2. Do I need to install a plugin for this? I am not able to find any plugin in Moodle database.

I got a key for reCAPTCHA.

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Shin Okada

د Helen Foster لخوا -
د Core developers انځور د Documentation writers انځور د Moodle HQ انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Plugin developers انځور د Testers انځور د Translators انځور
Hi Shin,

You don't need to install a plugin for reCAPTCHA - simply update your site to the latest Moodle 1.9+.
In reply to Helen Foster

د Shin Okada لخوا -
Thanks Helen.

I found that my Moodle version by clicking Notification. Moodle 1.9 + (Build: 20080305) (2007101509)

I have 1.9+. So I need to upgrade to daily built.

I found the page http://docs.moodle.org/en/Upgrading.

Can I use this for Moodle 1.9 as well? Or is there another page which tells me how to upgrade for 1.9?

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Shin Okada

د Dennis Fulton لخوا -
I found these steps to be helpful in clearing up why I wasn't able to get reCAPTCHA working.

1. Go to http://www.google.com/recaptcha and register. Copy your public and private keys.
  2. In your Moodle Site go to Administration -> Authentication -> Email-based self-registration
  3. Select YES to Enable reCAPTCHA element and save changes
  4. Under the MANAGE authentication menu scroll down to the bottom of the page and enert the ReCAPTCHA public key and the ReCAPTCHA private key. Then save changes.
In reply to Helen Foster

د Juan Jesús Gutiérrez García لخوا -
Hi!
I have moodle 1.9+ and I have activated the reCAPTCHA module. In the firsts times I don't have problems but now not is posible use the button "Create new acount" if module of reCAPTCHA is activated.
Is difficult to me this situation because not send me some message, only the navigator (I have proved with Explorer, Opera and Mozilla) stay waiting the request.
Some idea?
Thank you.