smaller sizes

smaller sizes

by Francis T -
Number of replies: 4
I tried installing Moodle for my webpage, but since I am being hosted by another server, I can't change the memory limit to a larger size. When will a new version of Moodle be released with smaller sizes?

thanks, I hope I get to try this soon!

also, I read there is a way to remove the modules so that I can avoid this problem. How would I remove them before installing them? I figure I can do this, then upgrade later when the new version comes out, if that would be possible.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francis T

Re: smaller sizes

by Brett Drinkwater -

Hi Francis,

It would be a shame to strip down what really is the best tool for delivering online education. 

If you send a support request to your web hosting provider, they should be able to adjust these settings for you. There are many, many web hosts out there so they "should" bend over backwards to help you!

Good Luck wink

Brett Drinkwater
Tasmania, Australia

In reply to Francis T

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

I think you can simply delete the folders with the modules you're not planning to use (before installing Moodle) - they're all in mod/ folder.

But as a recommended solution I would second what Brett said:

1. Contact your current provider and ask them to change the limit for you
  2. If they refuse, look for another provider
  3. If for any reason you can't, only as the last option, delete the modules

Cheers,
Przemek

In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

I'm not sure, but I think throwing out unnecessary languagefiles can also help (but you have to keep en! )

Anyone who can confirm that ?

In reply to koen roggemans

by N Hansen -
Yes, getting rid of unused language packs can cut the size of the installation in half. Just had this done myself.