The quiz's window shuts down with no reason

The quiz's window shuts down with no reason

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Translators

Hello,we are using  moodle 1.8.2

some teacher started an online quiz with no start date and no end date

only 50 minutes quiz in a secure window and with 1 attempt only.

The quiz started with 10 students who were answering 22 questions at the same time, then after lets say 5 minutes (maybe less) the window was shut down (closed) with out any reason, just like that suddenly, it began to one student then one by one was shutting down .then they had to login to the quiz again, and it continued from where they were and it remembered the time remaining of the quiz  (at least that was good). After couple of minutes it shut down again for some students,

again they didn't do anything they didn't save the quiz or closed it , they just clicked on the next question and the window was closed suddenly

totally during this quiz time the quiz's window was closed between 2 and 3 times for each student..

anyone can help me with this bug?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miki Alliel

תשובה ל: The quiz's window shuts down with no reason

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

does enyone know something about it?

it's very important

thanks

In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: תשובה ל: The quiz's window shuts down with no reason

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It's very weird, and I have never encountered anything like that before.

The cause will be some of the JavaScript. I don't suppose you are familiar with the Firebug extension for Firefox? If you are, you might be able to track down the problem.

Either that, or you need to work out exactly what combination of options web browser, etc. are required to reproduce the problem.

In reply to Tim Hunt

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: The quiz's window shuts down with no reason

by Miki Alliel -
Picture of Translators

they worked under IE7 with the secured window as I said and again randomly they were kicked out from the quiz after couple of minutes (4,5) after clicking on the next question they had at that time (and they had 45 minues remainging in the quiz). I 'll try the firebug issue they will have to do it under FF although the problem was under IE.

I thought someone had this problem already

isn't it something with my quiz settings that caused that?

I hope I'll find something in Firebug

In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: The quiz's window shuts down with no reason

by Jodie Lepine -

I just wanted to add that two of my students in another course have experienced the same problem.  The are also working under IE in a secure window.  Being thrown out of the quiz prevents their finishing because I have set a delay before the quiz can be re-taken. 

You my unenrol me from this course, I just wanted to add that someone else was experiencing the same problem.  I assume that the kids are doing something to provoke this but, as I am teaching from a distance, I have no idea what.

J.Lepine