Login problems

Login problems

by Ron Banks -
Number of replies: 12

I am running a copy of MOODLE upgrading with CVS.  Recently after upgrading my files I am not able to log in as I seem to have a file / directory link problem.  Has anyone experienced this and how can I solve it?

Here are several instances; the first a guest entrance, the second a user login.

Warning: print_course(c:\winlamp\websites\moodle/enrol//enrol.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\winlamp\websites\moodle\course\lib.php on line 1108

Warning: get_user_info_from_db(c:\winlamp\websites\moodle/enrol//enrol.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\winlamp\websites\moodle\lib\datalib.php on line 920

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Banks

Re: Login problems

by Gustav W Delius -
You have to visit the admin page after the upgrade. Usually this happens automatically, except in the particular development version that you upgraded to. This has now been fixed.

You are aware that you have your CVS set up to upgrade to the latest development code rather than the latest stable code? f not, see download page for explanation.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by David Vreeken -

Thanks for the reply. I went to the admin page after upgrade, as you suggested, and the upgrade process went fine. Unfortunately, users and admin still cannot log in. I also created and confirmed a new account (no problems) but cannot log in using that new user either.  There are no error messages displayed after entering the username and password. Simply "You are not logged in.Login"

The joy of cutting edge CVS smile

In reply to David Vreeken

by Gustav W Delius -
Your problem is a different one from that described by Ron. Have you tried to look in the FAQ under can't login or loginnot?

by David Vreeken -
Thanks for the reply but the FAQ was no help.
Perhaps something in CVS is broken for Windows systems ?
Previously users could log in. I upgraded via CVS and now no-one can log in.
I just updated again via CVS but still have the same problem. No-one can log in.
Where can I find the logs to look for errors ?
Any help appreciated.

by Gustav W Delius -

Can you describe in more details what happens when people try to log in? How exactly does Moodle respond?

What authentication method are you using?

What URL shows in the browser? What is your setting for $CFG->wwwroot?

by David Vreeken -

>> Describe in more details what happens when people try to log in ?

1) Go to www.ddsap.com/moodle

2) Click Login

3) Redirects to www.ddsap.com/moodle/login/index.php

4) Enter user name & password (user or admin - same result)

5) Click login

6) Redirects to www.ddsap.com/moodle

7) Message at bottom of page - You are not logged in

>> How does Moodle respond

No error messages displayed

>> What URL shows in the browser

As above

>> What is your setting for $CFG- > wwwroot

$CFG->wwwroot   = 'http://www.ddsap.com/moodle';

by Ron Banks -

Gustav,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have gone to the admin page but it hangs with the error messages given.  I was aware of the CVS running the latest development code instead of production as well.  That is why I was wondering if it was just my installation or is it something to do with the deveopment code.  The site that this code is running on is an experimental localhost on my work computer with test users, nothing to do with production but I was wanting to keep up with the CVS code and what was being developed; also to understand the CVS mechanism better.

So my major question, I suppose, is this; is this just happening to my installation or is it something out of the CVS code that is causing the problem.  Or does a particular mod call the enroll.php page.  Is this a mod issue or a general moodle issue, or is it just a "my installation" issue.  I will add that this particular CVS site has been up and running for over a year with no problems until recently (within the last 3 weeks).

In reply to Ron Banks

by Gustav W Delius -

Ron,

I thought I had fixed that yesterday. Have you tried updating from CVS again since then?

by Ron Banks -

I had not tried after that.  I just now updated from CVS and things work great!  Bless your soul!  Would you mind letting me know what the issue was?  I would appreciate it.

You're a good man, Mr. Delius!

In reply to Ron Banks

by Gustav W Delius -
The issue as I understand it is that Moodle's new pluggable enrollment architecture has introduced the new configuration variable $CFG->enrol. As all new configuration variable, this gets set to a default value after upgrade when the admin/index page is visited. However, this page is visited only after the admin has logged in and unfortunately the variable must already have a value for the login procedure. So I simply gave it a default value already before the login.

by David Vreeken -

>> the new configuration variable $CFG->enrol

Where is this new variable located ? I cannot see it in config.php

I just updated via CVS again but still have the same problem.

by Gustav W Delius -
David, this has nothing to do with your problem. This was an answer to the problem Ron described in his original post in this message.