New NWiki in new Moodle1.9+ installation success but no blocks

New NWiki in new Moodle1.9+ installation success but no blocks

by Harald Winkelmann -
Number of replies: 5

Thank you for your quick bugfix. Now it works.

But how do I configure blocks on my NWiki?

I only can see a pretty normal wiki site. The only difference to the old wiki is that I can choose an editor.

The blocktables are installed and the wikiblocks are visible in the adminsection. But I see no possibility to add them on a wiki!

Harry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harald Winkelmann

Re: New NWiki in new Moodle1.9+ installation success but no blocks

by Harald Winkelmann -

I just searched in this Forum and found some entries that suggest that I only can add blocks in a wiki course format. Am I right?

Isn't it possible to add a block to a wiki in a 'normal' course?

Harry

In reply to Harald Winkelmann

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI harald,
you can add blocks to any nwiki. you just need to enable blocks on activities in the moodle admin panel.
Cheers
L.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Harald Winkelmann -

Thanks Marc,

I found it. Great job!!!

Harry

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Juan Marín -
Sorry, I put my question initially in othe thread but it must be here.

how I find in 1.9 the "Activate blocks in activities" property? (I look for it in admin/modules/blocks... but I couldnt find it)
In reply to Juan Marín

by Juan Marín -
I found It!!!!big grin

Adding blocks to activities

Certain activity modules, such as the Lesson module and the Quiz module, support blocks on their pages. The site administrator must turn this function on so that the teachers will be able to add side blocks on those pages, otherwise the interface does not show this feature to the teacher.

By default, this feature is disabled in the Site administration block. An administrator can enable it by checking the showblocksonmodpages box in Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings. When enabled, users who can manage course activities will be able to add blocks to pages.