Linux box Moodle account creation script

Linux box Moodle account creation script

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sharing in case it is useful to anyone else...

http://cvs.moodle.org/contrib/tools/makemoodle/

This is a bash shell script that creates a moodle instance on a shared server. It does the whole thing, creates the user, the folders, sets permissions, sets up the database and the cron. All you then have to do is to run the install script in Moodle and it's job done.

It's possibly a bit specific, but it may be a start for somebody smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Linux box Moodle account creation script

by Penny Leach -
Hi Howard,

It might be useful to have a look at integrating that with the CLI installer (that sets up the database schema, site course and admin user as well) that was a GSOC project from last year (it's in HEAD not 1.9 though)

It can either run interactively (prompting for answers) or from a set of -- parameters passed to it.

hth smile

edit: lives in admin/cliupgrade.php
In reply to Penny Leach

Re: Linux box Moodle account creation script

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Penny,

I didn't know about that, I was thinking how difficult that would to do. Not very if somebody else has done it smile

I had a vague notion to recode the script I just posted in PHP to give a Moodle "Control Panel", so that a host "manager" can create Moodle instances at the press of a button.