nolink tags are visible in my glossaries

nolink tags are visible in my glossaries

Riaan Bredenkamp - келді
Number of replies: 8
Hi
Obviously I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what. For example I have the following entry:

cat: From man <nolink>cat</nolink>: "con<nolink>cat</nolink>enate files and print on the standard output"

This is how it displays in my glossary. Only some glossary entries does this though. (all entries have the same settings > auto-link,case sensitive and match whole words only < all are checked.
Currently all my entries are in HTML format, when I switch the problem ones to "Moodle auto format" it removes the <nolink> tags.

I have entered the entries by manually editing XML files based on the structure that the glossary module exports -- much quicker this way -- less clicks Күлкі

In reply to Riaan Bredenkamp

Re: nolink tags are visible in my glossaries

Riaan Bredenkamp - келді
I have given it some thought now, obviously HTML format does not recognise the < no link > tags. Is this correct, do you have to use Moodle autoo formatting to use the <no link > tags ?

What puzzles me though is that I did _not_ insert those tags, all my entries came from the same XML file. And all of the entriesare configured the same way. Something (seemingly) randomly added the < no link > tags!

Hope this helps other people who encounters the same phenomena.

Petr Skoda - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Peer reviewers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті
Hi!

Could you mail me your dictionary (in XML export or database dump)? I will try to find the problem on my test site.

• What Moodle version are you using (see moodle/version.php)?
  • What language are you using?
  • Windows or Linux?
  • What is your windows local country setting?
  • What PHP, apache and database version are you using?

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

Riaan Bredenkamp - келді
Hi Skodak

I am using Suse Linux 9.1
Apache 2.0.49
Mysql 4.0.18
Moodle 1.3.1 + (2004052501) (this was a nightly-stable build)
php 4.3.4
Language > en
Windows country > Windows-Free-Country Күлкі (my locale is set to South Africa)

This is a global glossary, auto-linking of entries enabled, duplicate entries allowed, students cannot post entries, default approval is set to "no", comments allowed, simple dictionary style.

I have recreated the same issue on another test server that I have , just now, some of the entries that have the visible tags are : cat, cd, cal , clear and date.

TIA
Riaan

Petr Skoda - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Peer reviewers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті
Your XML is not valid:
  • letter 'c' after first comment
  • empty keywords(=aliases) - this is the cause of those nolinks! (maybe we could add some tests to glossary import, do you agree Eloy?)
  • some other minor issues (not sure where)

Solution:

delete FROM `mdl_glossary_alias` WHERE alias='';

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

Riaan Bredenkamp - келді
Well spotted Skodak, I am not always very successful when checking for errors in XML, I have spent hours looking for fullstops and other nasties in Docbook XML. Frustrating.

Are you saying that i would need to have an alias for each entry in my glossaries ? What about the times whenit would just not make sense to have an alias. --Like with the ls command. -- Are aliases not also auto-linked ?

Riaan
(PS .I agree that you would need to test the XML before inmporting it to the Glossary)

Petr Skoda - келді
If there is no alias do not add <aliases> element at all Күлкі

Simply erase all occurrences of:

<ALIASES>
<ALIAS>
<NAME></NAME>
</ALIAS>
</ALIASES>

BTW I have added bug report for this bug (Bug #1599).

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Moodle HQ қатысушының суреті Peer reviewers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті Testers қатысушының суреті
Good job skodak (and Riaan) !!

I'll test it in some hours...

Thanks and ciao Күлкі