nolink tags are visible in my glossaries

nolink tags are visible in my glossaries

Riaan Bredenkamp -
Erantzun kopurua: 8
Hi
Obviously I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what. For example I have the following entry:

cat: From man <nolink>cat</nolink>: "con<nolink>cat</nolink>enate files and print on the standard output"

This is how it displays in my glossary. Only some glossary entries does this though. (all entries have the same settings > auto-link,case sensitive and match whole words only < all are checked.
Currently all my entries are in HTML format, when I switch the problem ones to "Moodle auto format" it removes the <nolink> tags.

I have entered the entries by manually editing XML files based on the structure that the glossary module exports -- much quicker this way -- less clicks irribarrea

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa: -
Riaan Bredenkamp(e)ri erantzunda

Re: nolink tags are visible in my glossaries

Riaan Bredenkamp -
I have given it some thought now, obviously HTML format does not recognise the < no link > tags. Is this correct, do you have to use Moodle autoo formatting to use the <no link > tags ?

What puzzles me though is that I did _not_ insert those tags, all my entries came from the same XML file. And all of the entriesare configured the same way. Something (seemingly) randomly added the < no link > tags!

Hope this helps other people who encounters the same phenomena.

Petr Skoda -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Peer reviewers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia
Hi!

Could you mail me your dictionary (in XML export or database dump)? I will try to find the problem on my test site.

• What Moodle version are you using (see moodle/version.php)?
  • What language are you using?
  • Windows or Linux?
  • What is your windows local country setting?
  • What PHP, apache and database version are you using?

skodak
Petr Skoda(e)ri erantzunda

Riaan Bredenkamp -
Hi Skodak

I am using Suse Linux 9.1
Apache 2.0.49
Mysql 4.0.18
Moodle 1.3.1 + (2004052501) (this was a nightly-stable build)
php 4.3.4
Language > en
Windows country > Windows-Free-Country irribarrea (my locale is set to South Africa)

This is a global glossary, auto-linking of entries enabled, duplicate entries allowed, students cannot post entries, default approval is set to "no", comments allowed, simple dictionary style.

I have recreated the same issue on another test server that I have , just now, some of the entries that have the visible tags are : cat, cd, cal , clear and date.

TIA
Riaan

Petr Skoda -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Peer reviewers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia
Your XML is not valid:
  • letter 'c' after first comment
  • empty keywords(=aliases) - this is the cause of those nolinks! (maybe we could add some tests to glossary import, do you agree Eloy?)
  • some other minor issues (not sure where)

Solution:

delete FROM `mdl_glossary_alias` WHERE alias='';

skodak

Riaan Bredenkamp -
Well spotted Skodak, I am not always very successful when checking for errors in XML, I have spent hours looking for fullstops and other nasties in Docbook XML. Frustrating.

Are you saying that i would need to have an alias for each entry in my glossaries ? What about the times whenit would just not make sense to have an alias. --Like with the ls command. -- Are aliases not also auto-linked ?

Riaan
(PS .I agree that you would need to test the XML before inmporting it to the Glossary)

Petr Skoda -
If there is no alias do not add <aliases> element at all irribarrea

Simply erase all occurrences of:

<ALIASES>
<ALIAS>
<NAME></NAME>
</ALIAS>
</ALIASES>

BTW I have added bug report for this bug (Bug #1599).

skodak

Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Moodle HQ-ren irudia Peer reviewers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia
Good job skodak (and Riaan) !!

I'll test it in some hours...

Thanks and ciao irribarrea
Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)(e)ri erantzunda

Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Moodle HQ-ren irudia Peer reviewers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia
Done in CVS (1.3 stable and 1.4 development).

Tested against your XML file attached above and everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks and ciao, Eloy irribarrea

PS: Going to bed just now... lotan zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ lotan