All profile images that get served by script, eg:
will occasionally refuse to show up in the browser for the whole of moodle.org (you just see a text string or broken image). But if you download it using wget or something and then view it locally it works fine. The image data itself is fine!
- Same thing happens to demo.moodle.org which is on another virtual host under the same machine.
- HTTP Headers look the same when it works and when it doesn't.
- When it happens if affects everybody using the site.
- It's not gzip compression (it's off)
- It's not eaccelerator (I turned it off)
- It's not Moodle code (because it suddenly fixes itself after half an hour or so).
- Restarting apache has no effect
Any body got any clues?