NWiki for Moodle 1.9 Release

NWiki for Moodle 1.9 Release

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 23
Hi there,
the long time expected "stable" version of nwiki for moodle 1.9 has been released at nwiki "download site"
This is a complete version, that includes a full installation of nwiki with the migration engine and only fixes some well known bugs and issues reported.
We are not releasing new features ( we must be growing old wink ) this time. We have some stuff in the kitchen and will ome out when is stable enough.
Please give us feedback
Cheers
L.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: NWiki for Moodle 1.9 Release

by José Eduardo Martins -
Hello, Ludo.

I tried install NWiki2.0_Moodle1.9_rev2008032601 but I can"t. I have moodle 1.9+ and I had NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2008031201 previuosly installed.

The upgrade fail and I receive a blank page in admin mode.

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you.

--
Zé Eduardo

In reply to José Eduardo Martins

by Jestin VanScoyoc -
I had Moodle 1.9 with previous nwiki (rev2008012101 i think) setup, tried installing todays revised nwiki and got blank admin page response.

Thanks

Jestin
In reply to Jestin VanScoyoc

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi all,

I haven't test this scenario, I'm sorry.

I going to create a similar environment of yours and fix this bug. I hope I can create a new release in few hours.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Jordi Piguillem -
It's fixed.

I've tried to remove some new development to make this release but I've forgot about few things. This trace crashed NWiki at several points ( admin page was one of them).

You can download the new zip here

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by José Eduardo Martins -
Hello Pigui,

In the past week I tested your new release (2008032701) with my students and notice that they don´t edit week because there is no edit tab. They are working in separated group mode.

--
Zé Eduardo

by Florian Reichl -
I have the same problem in my class:

My stundents don't have an edit tab if I use group separated wikis.

It's working only if I set the wiki:editanywiki capability to allow - but then the groups are not separated any more.

Any solutions?

Thank you for your support,
Florian
In reply to Jestin VanScoyoc

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
same issue here too sad

i have upgraded a moodle 1.9.2 version with nwiki 2008040101

i got errors while installing:

(mysql): SHOW TABLES (mysql): SHOW INDEX FROM mdl_wiki_pages (mysql): CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid) 1062: Duplicate entry 'Game List-2-0-0-2-0' for key 2

ADOConnection._Execute(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid), false) % line 891, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid)) % line 89, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid), true) % line 2256, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql_arr(Array[1], true, true) % line 1344, file: ddllib.php
add_key(Object:XMLDBTable, Object:XMLDBKey) % line 146, file: upgrade.php

=========== and later ...

(mysql): CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid) 1062: Duplicate entry 'Game List-2-0-0-2-0' for key 2

ADOConnection._Execute(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid), false) % line 891, file: adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid)) % line 89, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid), true) % line 2256, file: dmllib.php
execute_sql_arr(Array[1], true, true) % line 1344, file: ddllib.php
add_key(Object:XMLDBTable, Object:XMLDBKey) % line 360, file: upgrade.php

Upgrading wiki from 2007101509 to 2008040101 FAILED!
===========

i can not see my admin/index.php page, it is blank sad
all other admin/... pages work fine.

i can use the new nwiki every where BUT old data was not converted and now it is missing.

other then that every thing works fine.

any ideas ?
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
ok,
i was changing (manually) the different parameters in the table 'mdl_wiki_pages' so their are no duplicates for the creation of this index... and finally it worked.

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wikipage_pagverdfwgrou_uix ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid, ownerid)

OK.

smile

i was useing WIKIs with group & students options ON so each student can have his/her own version of each wiki page (the teacher asked for this) it worked fine, but it made the creation of the index impossible because of the several duplicates.
maybe you need to update this index ?

still, i can not see my admin/index.php page sad

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
if i remark line 426 then i can see the page
(when i enable this line again it get stuck - no page)

/// Find and check all main modules and load them up or upgrade them if necessary
/// first old *.php update and then the new upgrade.php script
//(426) upgrade_activity_modules("$CFG->wwwroot/$CFG->admin/index.php"); // Return here afterwards

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
i am so lame sad

i forgot to remove the original wiki folder from the mod folder, i just renamed it wiki-backup-192. so it got into a loop (probably...upgrade...downgrade...)

i removed the folder and not it works fine smile

by Jérôme DEMIAUX -
Hi José,

I think line 29-30 of file /mod/wiki/locallib.php should be :

//grades lib
require_once ($CFG->dirroot.'/grade/lib.php');

and not

//grades lib
require_once ($CFG->dirroot.'/mod/wiki/grades/grades.lib.php');

Jérôme.

by William Minto -
I successfully installed the latest nWiki build (...rev2008040101.zip) on moodle 1.9. However, when making a change to a wiki and saving, I receive a blank page with URL http://www.mydomain.com/moodle/mod/wiki/view.php?id=44&page=view/Home&gid=0&uid=0.

A check of my server log shows the following error:

[Sun Apr 06 21:40:21 2008] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xx] File does not exist: /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/moodle/mod/mod, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/moodle/mod/wiki/view.php?id=44&page=view/Home&gid=0&uid=0

Note the odd "/mod/mod" string in the URL called by nWiki.

I didn't see this in the bug tracker and have not seen other users encountering the issue. BTW, I reinstalled both moodle and nWiki twice, to confirm this.
In reply to William Minto

by Barry Bookout -
William,

Maybe the suggestion given by Jerome (sorry for unaccented characters;) above your post would help--it could explain the mod/mod issue. I'm not sure about the grade/lib.php vs grades/grades.lib.php difference--I haven't installed nWiki yet.

Barry
In reply to Barry Bookout

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
grades in nwiki for moodle 1.9 is something we have in testing phase and is "hidden" to the user in the distributed version... when is stable enough a verso of nwiki with grades and TAGS ( wink ) will be shipped.
In reply to William Minto

by Andreas Stoeffer -
I use the same release wth the same problem, but what is the fix of that issue?

It is not possible to save after writing an article (white browser site). The localisation into german is not 100%. I don't have a "speichern" button, I have a "save" button, the most of the rest is in german.
Maby there is a problem?

In reply to Andreas Stoeffer

by Andreas Stoeffer -
Sorry, the same problem is: "I receive a blank page with URL http://www.mydomain.com/moodle/mod/wiki/view.php?id=44&page=view/Home&gid=0&uid=0. A check of my server log shows the following error: [Sun Apr 06 21:40:21 2008] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xx] File does not exist: /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/moodle/mod/mod, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/moodle/mod/wiki/view.php?id=44&page=view/Home&gid=0&uid=0 Note the odd "/mod/mod" string in the URL called by nWiki."
In reply to Andreas Stoeffer

by Steve Wright -
Got the same problem - can only edit and save in Safari - doesn't work in IE / Firefox (unless admin) or at all in Opera...

Hope someone can help - got till starty of sept or we'll have to ditch it and go with OU wiki...

by Juan Marín -
I weg you pardon for my ignorance...
But, where are gone the wiki blocks in 1.9?

Perhaps it is only a misconfiguration of my site but I have installed a new site (to proofs) whit 1.9 (yesterday version) plus Nwiki 2008040101, and I have restored several backups form courses.
The wiki performs Well smile. But there are no blocks (and I couldn't find the button to activate blocks) Uhmm!, when I put the Niki files in Moodle, I put the folders Block, theme, mod, etc, in moodle/ (not in moodle/mood/wiki) Could it be the reason?

In reply to Juan Marín

by Juan Marín -
Hubs!!! sorry, it was answered in http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=93813

blush

But, how I find in 1.9 the "Activate blocks in activities" property? (I look for in admin/modules/blocks... but I couldnt find it)
In reply to Juan Marín

by Juan Marín -
I found It!!!!big grin (but I have to add the blocks manually: if "activate blocks" is dissabled when you restore a course the blocks added were missing. After the activation of blocks you have either to restore the course again or add the blocks manually)

Adding blocks to activities

Certain activity modules, such as the Lesson module and the Quiz module, support blocks on their pages. The site administrator must turn this function on so that the teachers will be able to add side blocks on those pages, otherwise the interface does not show this feature to the teacher.

By default, this feature is disabled in the Site administration block. An administrator can enable it by checking the showblocksonmodpages box in Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings. When enabled, users who can manage course activities will be able to add blocks to pages.

by Matt Gibson -
Hi Ludo,

Thanks for the new release! I have filed a couple of bugs, but they are assigning to Martin, not to your team.

MDL-14491
MDL-14490

Is it deliberate that the summary text is not shown as part of the wiki? Is it somewhere else that I have missed?

Matt
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Matt,
to assign issues to me you need to set Wiki for 2.0 otherwise the system asumes that you're talking about the oficial wiki in 1.9 and below,Cheers
L.